PDA

View Full Version : Walk Challenge

Joeycrazycat
14-12-08, 18:01
Hello all!

I managed to do a 10 miles walk today in Milton Keynes. This event was organised by Climb Your Mountain, a charity organisation that give people different challenges to help them going through tough times. The idea is by doing physical excercise, you help to condition your mind and to give you more confidence to face your issues.

I was very anxious as soon as I woke up this morning. I guess it was because I only knew one person from the organisation (which I met for 1/2 h a couple of weeks ago), and also for the fact that I always worry that something may happen to me while I'm out.

After a mile or so, I've met a couple of nice ladies (see picture) and we walked the rest of the way together. The paths were quite muddy and sometimes flooded, but we completed the course in just over 3 hours. My feet and legs are quite sore now, but I'm looking forward to have a good hot bath!

For those who live in Bucks or Beds and who are interested in group walks, you can find more information if you visit climbyourmountain.org

Take great care,

JCC

Badly Drawn Boy
14-12-08, 18:31
Well done mate, sounds really good.

It's given me ideas to set challenges for myself each day. I definitely should of got more fresh air this week!

Diane O'Brien
14-12-08, 18:44
Well done Joey

That sounds like fun, I like walking. My mother in law lives in Saddleworth and there is some lovely walks up there. Don't know wether u have heard about the Pennine Way. Keep up the walking and its lovely u have met company along the way.

Diane xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx

spaced
14-12-08, 18:51
:yesyes: welldone:yesyes:

bottleblond
14-12-08, 19:09
Hi Joey

GONGRATULATIONS :yahoo:

A very insirational and admiral story.

Lisa
xxx

its all good
14-12-08, 21:29
Well done joey, it sounds like u really enjoyed the walk and its nice that u meet people while u were there, best wishes, kayliegh x

Karen
16-12-08, 16:47
Very well done Joey :yesyes:

That sounds like a very good scheme and it's good you managed to go along and do it. Good on you.

Karen x

sunshine-lady
16-12-08, 18:32
Well done Joey, you should be very proud of yourself of this great achievement!

andie73
16-12-08, 18:34
:yesyes: Well Done Joey, looks like you were really enjoying yourself.