PDA

View Full Version : is this anxiety or part of the depersonalisation?

Cheeky220
15-12-08, 11:35
when i try to think back to feeling normal even this scares me. can anyone relate? e.g when i think back to normal life it scares me to. why is this?

Pippage
15-12-08, 15:55
Yeah I get that, again it is just that your tired brain cannot cope.

If you consider this logically it actually does make sense

You are trying to think yourself better with the very thing that is tired and that you are trying to fix - your brain! You can't think yourself better with a tired brain - however also because it is tired your thoughts kind of get stuck in a loop I find.

Hope this helps, the only answer is to try not to worry about it.

And try not to ponder or think too much if you can help it - there will always be another symptom/question and the answer I have found is pretty much always the same, but it never hurts to get some reassurance :)

smeggy81
15-12-08, 20:05
hi cheeky220
i get that too, like you don't know what you're suppose to be thinking and all thoughts you have scare you? i feel like i'm constantly questioning what i'm thinking and don't know what i should be. as though everything i do i have to question why i was thinking what i was when i was doing it. and get well i think anxiety and get depressed about it to
It might sound weird how I'm trying to explain it and how i feel, i hope someone can relate or understand
x

sylvia1970
15-12-08, 22:49
cheeky I think I may have told you this before, dont remember , but when I had my dp really bad and it sounds like yours may be in same intensity that I had it, I was afraid of everything. Couldnt watch any tv programs, news, kids yelling would scare me. I was so creeped out. I was afraid of my own shadow and so hypersensitive.

Cheeky you are just hypersensitive atm. You are on high alert as well, hypervigilant. This may be causing the dp, as, being so hyped up, is what is making your brain so tired. Hard to say, try to relax, because I have been in that state and know how hard it was to even sit still, I kept having to move around. I was beside myself. Only thing I can say, is, try and find someone to talk to, a counsellor or therapist would be best, to work through some of the fear you are experiencing. When experiencing dp, you tend to feel very scattered (well I did anyway) so you need help in collecting yourself, coming into your body and feeling grounded.

Like I said before, all the reasurance in the world, wont help you in this state, because there is always that "what if" question . Unfortunately, you need to ride this through and wait patiently for things to get better. You will get through it, as I have said before aswell, time is a healer, it is just the way it is. These things have a way of sorting themselves out, if you can hang in there. All will be well in the end.