PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to post again but need to ask

Cheeky220
15-12-08, 12:40
Will the depersonalisation go when the anxiety is treated?? Im currently on meds for my anxiety wil this dissapear as the meds work??

cassi23
15-12-08, 14:08
Hi hun,

please please dont apologise for posting again, thats what this site/members are here for!

You should start to find that the symptoms you have decrease noticibly once the meds kick in, although for some people one or two symptoms never completel leave them, but do become fewer in episodes.

Take care
Cassi xxxx

Pippage
15-12-08, 15:24
Hi hun,

please please dont apologise for posting again, thats what this site/members are here for!

You should start to find that the symptoms you have decrease noticibly once the meds kick in, although for some people one or two symptoms never completel leave them, but do become fewer in episodes.

Take care
Cassi xxxx

I would say yes the dp will go as the anxiety does, but not necessarily due to meds.
I personally have not had much luck with meds apart from taking the edge off slightly - but this in itself I guess is an improvement! Everyone is different though so they may work for you.

Please remember though that you may need to try different meds also before finding one that works for you and you may need to also do things like exercise, relaxation, improved diet and talk therapy if possible to help with the underlying anxiety.
Please please please read the anxietynomore book as it explains how it is the fear that keeps you ill and thus as you stop being scared of it and manage to calm your anxiety levels somewhat, then it will start to go.
Also remember that there will be setbacks, and try not to get disheartened by them.
Good luck :hugs:

bottleblond
15-12-08, 17:24
Hi Cheeky

Depersonalisation is just yukk so you certainly have my sympathy hun. Yes it will go but what you may find is it will come back on the odd ocassion. I still get it from time to time. I don't worry about it anymore though because i know exactly what it is and it can do no harm.

Hope you feel better soon

Lisa
xxx
:flowers:

lorac
15-12-08, 19:41
Hi Cheeky

I have been through many spells of this and it is horrible. This used to worry me so much and I used to be affraid to go out when I felt this way but it is getting better, it doesn't come for ages now but like Lisa says it does come back from time to time but it doesn't stay so long coz I don't let it bother me so much now. Try to pay less attention to it and it will eventually go.

Carol