PDA

View Full Version : Looking for volunteers please

Meg
08-12-03, 21:01
Dear All,

Between Christmas and New Year I am going into a recording studio to record the first 4 or 5 CD's of a new self help programme for anxiety and panic.

It has become apparant to me over the last few months that the sooner someone gets help for panic and anxiety the better and GP led CBT help can take months to kick in, so doing something yourself is vital.

To my knowledge there are 5 self help programmes out there. I've looked at them all carefully and each has its own merits but each are heavily based on the authors very personal story/practice base and this affects their 'cure'.
They also claim all sorts of wonder skills and magic cures which bothers me enormously.

I'm am definately not going to be promising a miracle cure or indeed discuss anything that might not come up on this website (and I think our success rate of positively helping people is pretty good) but I am aware that having it all in a user friendly logical package to work through at your own pace is very helpful to those starting out or those still needing a bit of a push.

So ...

I need 20 volunteers please who promise to 'do it' and give me feedback and criticisms. The phone will do for those current non travellers but I would like to get some people together.

I may go all out and get Mark to film it for me (in the Mids - 2 trips - once before / once after )so people please who don't mind being on air.

Oh, I haven't even got as far as a name for it so a bottle of bubbly for the name that gets chosen !!

What do you all think ?

If you're interested:

Name , location , phone/travel, up for filming.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
08-12-03, 21:34
Meg

I am up for it but at what stage of recovery do you want people at? Am I too well (lol) if you know what I mean?

Nicola

twister
08-12-03, 21:40
I would too Meg, but I am going to CBT soon so dont suppose you want me?

Emily

sadie
08-12-03, 22:23
Hi Radar

I would also love to be part of it, if you think I would be of any use?

sadie

Meg
08-12-03, 22:41
You will all be of great use.

I don't just want the really limited people otherwise we end up with a bunch of people who can do everything but still feel awful much of the time

Nic - You know it but don't do it . Lets try to find out why, although I think we did that yesterday.

Emily- I would be happy to do this as an adjunct . I'm certainly not going to restrict what people can and can't do. So it'll be your choice whether you have the time .

Sadie - Of course you'll be of use.

If anyone thinks they have an issue with anxiety or panic- that's all that counts.

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Prettyface110
08-12-03, 22:50
Hi, I'm up for helping out. I'm new to this site but not new to panic, anxiety and phobia. 15 years experience and still counting!!!!
Ally
x

sadie
08-12-03, 23:02
Thanks Radar,

Just let me know when...It would be good to have a proper programme to follow that could help deal with some of these anxiety/panic feelings.

Cheers

sadie

Lottie32
09-12-03, 08:55
Hi Meg

I'm almost free from panic, and my anxiety is "in hiding" a lot of the time, but I'm still not right, so if you want to put me down as a "nearly" there, I'd be glad to do it.

(Today I've dropped my car off at the garage, and I'm "wound" up, because I can't "escape" - even though I'm at work)

p.s. How much time will it take up?

Charlie

Laurie28
09-12-03, 12:16
HIya meg,

i'd love to do it but could it be a phone one as I am a bit far away

Love
Lucky

Kat
09-12-03, 19:52
Hi Meg
I'm very new to this site but would love to help in any way.
I've seen a phychologist a couple of times but haven't actually started CBT yet. I do have some strange panic symptoms so i'm not sure if I would be any help

Jo
10-12-03, 09:56
Meg - I would love to do it also but I am really busy with uni work and can't take much time off. If there is any other way I can help please let me know!!!

Jo xx

JR
11-12-03, 06:29
I would help, but I live in Canada? If there is anything I could do for you let me know!!! I can try and come up with a name for ya? After all, I owe you alot because this site has helped me alot!! I wish you the best!

Lottie32
11-12-03, 10:08
Meg

Fight your Fear - Forever?

It might be easier to name once we have listened to some of the cd's.

Charlie

Laurie28
11-12-03, 13:17
How about

'ACCEPT YOUR THOUGHTS AND BEAT YOUR FEARS'
or 'TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR FEARS AND BEAT THEM '

Love
lucky

Meg
11-12-03, 15:51
Thank you Charlie and Lottie for those suggestions..

Keep them coming please.

Thank you all for your willingness to help. I'll let you all know when it's almost ready.

JR, Whereabouts in Canada ?

Meg

benoo5
11-12-03, 16:35
meg,

ime not a bubbly person..a ploughmans,and a pint of directors would be nice though!

a flight from fear.
free your fears.
freedom from fear.
help yourself,not your fears.
no more anguish.
no more fear.
free at last.
where life begins.

best wishes..bryan.

nlancashire
11-12-03, 23:02
I'd get too much fan mail

Neil[:o)]

Laurie28
12-12-03, 10:53
How about

Lightbulb Moments - freedom from your gremlins

or are my titles a wee bit long??

Love
Lucky

Scaredtoolong
17-12-03, 20:57
Hi Meg,

I missed this post somehow and just came across it now. I would love to help in any way I can. You know that I am in the US, but if there is ANYTHING I can do, please let me know. Your help was INVALUABLE to me and my recovery, hmm, acutally I don't think we recover I think we find our true selves and learn that we are ok. But, anyway, anything I can do. Maybe a testimonial once I heard some of the material since it will most likely be similar if not exactly what you told me that helped so much. Thanks again for your help! I owe you a debt of gratitude beyond words. Thanks to your help I am living life again!!!!!! BIG BIG BIG Hug, Susan

Laurie28
06-01-04, 14:54
Meg,

How did it go in the recording studion??

Love
lucky

Meg
06-01-04, 16:40
Hi Lucky ,

It did happen. I recorded the first 3 CD's. I now have to get Ruth to go and do the relaxation one . Then I need another day doing the next 3.

Interestingly, The studio I did it in had other people milling about and unbeknown to me when I was in the voiceover booth one of another clients overheard the output, went and sat and listened to the whole of that session and waited till I was done and then came over to chat and said that he could completely relate to it all and had believed he was the only person to ever feel like this etc etc .....and wants a copy asap.

I directed him here but I haven't seen him register as yet.

So , It's happening ..

Meg

Laurie28
07-01-04, 11:53
Alot omore common than i thought is this anxiety lark. It's good that the person could relate to what you were saying and shows your CD's are going to be effective if he could relate to what you were saying. Good luck with the next lot

Love
lucky

nomorepanic
08-01-04, 21:25
Thanks for the publicity Meg.

Let us know if you see him come on.

Nicola

Buby
08-01-04, 23:40
meg,
is this CD's you're making for sale or is it tv stuff. im abit confused. i might of read it wrong but im not sure.

ratchit aka Rachel

benoo5
09-01-04, 01:01
hi rachael,

ime glad,that your dad is still letting you post on here...meg wants volunteers to listen,to her cds,and give her feedback,as to wot you think,and if they have been of help to you...perhaps a small donation to postage,might be a good idea,because,this is costing her money....best wishes..bryan.

bananarbabe
09-01-04, 04:57
Hi Meg,

I'm in the U.S. but would be interested in listening to these cd's. Let me know.

Chris

stimpy
12-01-04, 20:11
Wow that sounds fantastic. Good Luck.

I'd love to volunteer, not sure if I'd be any use.

Love & light
Liz xx

Panic Monster & Scatty Excentric

Meg
12-01-04, 21:34
Hi Liz,

I'd already taken the liberty of putting you on my list ?!

Chris - Thanks.

Rachel - possibly both

Bryan - Thanks but that won't be necessary at this stage.

Meg

stimpy
12-01-04, 21:45
Super sweet! :D

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Excentric

JR
20-01-04, 06:23
sorry about the late response Radar. I live in Toronto,Ontario

red
21-01-04, 20:19
Hi Meg

If you still need volunteers - let me know, I will be happy to help where I can.

Red
x