PDA

View Full Version : Really poorly and really scared

jannnne
15-12-08, 17:15
After lots of posts since end of July, I am still poorly with my acid reflux... It has not responded to treatment. I am due to have an endosocpy on 30 Dec. I have been really poorly now for 3 days fever, aching, feeling sick, blood sugar levels not good feeling faint. I have to stop taking my PPIs on Tuesday ready for my endoscopy. Had done really well not googling but was so worried googled Zollinger Ellison syndrome which is cancerous in50% of people am now convinced that it must be this as it is not Helicobacter Pylori and as not responded to treatment. What if it gets worse while I am not taking my drugs. What if it is this Zollinger thing I have all the symptoms. God I don't know how I am going to cope, should I go back to my GP?:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:

bottleblond
15-12-08, 18:09
Hi Jannnne

Please don't google hun because you will end up adding five plus five and equalling 34. There could be 101 reasons for this acid reflux and when they pinpoint the source then they can better treat it. Hopefully this test you will be having will throw better light on the cause because without that it's kinda like the blind leading the blind. I have had it myself hun so i know how bloody awful it is. :flowers:

I hope all goes well and please let us know how you are.

Love Lisa
xxx

:bighug1:

bottleblond
15-12-08, 18:10
P.s Yes by all means go back to your GP, afterall it's what they are there for. xxxx

jannnne
15-12-08, 19:16
Hello,

Thank you for your kind words, it is so lovely to be able to come on here and feel so supported. will keep you posted xx