PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram and other medications.

cameronjcw
15-12-08, 17:21
Hi,

Ive been on citalopram for a few weeks now and Im starting to feel mentally better so much its great. I feel so less stressed and not really doped up, have had nausea although that seems to be calming down a bit.

Ive had a bit of bother with my ears in the past and have stemetil for them although I only take them when my ears get really bad and unfortunately this week they are really painful so Ive had to start taking stemetil again for a short while. I looked on the internet to see if there was anything about citalopram affecting stemetil or vice versa so I can only assume that it should be ok as Im only on 10mg of citalopram a day, the stemetil are 5mg and I can take 1 3 times a day .

Does anybody else know anything or can give me some advice??

andrewc
15-12-08, 20:09
Hi there
10mg of Citalopram is the smallest dose possible. Dont worry cos it doesnt usually interact with other drugs.
If you dont get to where you want to be ask your doctor to increase the citalopram. Dont read into the negatives you read. These drugs are not addictive and they do the job they are intended for.

Best of luck

Andy

bab
15-12-08, 20:54
hiya

im on escitalopram and have vertigo and prescribed stemetil - i have asked a million docs and they assured me stemetil does not interact with these drugs x

EmmaJane
15-12-08, 20:56
Hi,

Any questions you have, is best to ask your doctor, definately not from the internet.

Good luck