PDA

View Full Version : All my own fault!

andyta
15-12-08, 22:30
Hi guys, girls and people of the world, hopw you all doing? My names Andy and I'm a teaching assistant working in primary on the Wirral, also a single dad to an 8 year old daughter, can you feel tyhe stress already risining lol
Suffered anixety all my life, since I was 16, now 43 and it must be said it does get easier as you merrily bounce along lifes dusty, sometimes bumpy path.
It can still creep on you however if your not on the ball so to speak.
I've just had the worst two weeks in years, done far too much, worked myself silly, and now suffering the old palpatations again, dizzyness, sooooooo uptight, stressed out, unable to relax, hunched up shoulders and exhausted, so tired, in other words not a hppy bunny at all and in need of ..well someone to talk to!
I'm on cipramil, have been for years, tried reducing the dose but like one of your other new members suddenly found it not such a good idea.
i realize we have christmas coming up, we're all a bit stressed and maybe I'm just over eacting but at the same time these are very real feelings and I really want to do something to get over this and move on.
Thanks for reading this
Andy

Cathy V
15-12-08, 23:02
Hi Andy, sorry to hear youve hit another blip as you wind your weary way along :) but you are right when you say that coping with it gets a little easier as you get older...probably because its gone on for so long that some of the fear is taken out of it, and you kinda know what to expect when it hits. It first started for me in my 20s and im 55 now.

I do get long breaks when i'm free from it, but it does creep back when i'm stressed, and last year moving over to germany was a huge stress for me. Still, i seem to be adjusting now, although the plan is for us to move back to Uk end of 2009. Im from liverpool origionally, and my brother, another Andy lives in Birkenhead. Your profile has the american flag, so are you working in the Wirral as a temporary measure then? Or is there a Wirral in the states too?

Anyway, keep posting and chatting...a problem shared and all that.

Best wishes and :welcome:
Cathy

Patty
15-12-08, 23:08
Hi Andy, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :D

sunshine-lady
15-12-08, 23:43
Hi Andy

:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too:biggrin:

marie1974
16-12-08, 11:00
hi andy and welcome to nmp im sure u will find loads of great advice and support here and make friends too.

i am helping out in my kids school and wanting to train to become a special needs assistant in a school so mayb u may have some advice on courses etc.

anyway hugs and stay strong xx

spaced
16-12-08, 13:02
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)