PDA

View Full Version : Panic related to stressful family situation...

orangeblossom
16-12-08, 12:04
Hi,

I am feeling ridiculously stressed, panicky, anxious, the whole lot at the moment. My uncle is really ill with cancer and we are a really close family. My other uncle and his family have come over from Australia to see him. I really want to visit them all and give them my support but I have real problems getting on the train. It is so very stressful for me. I've only been on the train once in the last year or so and it took one heck of a lot of medication to help me do it - with my partner walking me onto the train, and my mother getting me off it at the other end despite sitting in first class because it was the quietest!!

This time, my mum will be away on holiday, and I'd have to stay on the train alone and in the house alone - unless my OH comes with me.

I feel so very guilty about this - I want to go and see my uncle, but I also feel horribly stressed about this and don't know what to do.

It is affecting me right now - horribly panicky and feeling nauseas with the stress of it all.

How am I supposed to cope? Am I being pathetic and useless for not just getting on with it when a close relative is dying and going through so much worse than me.

I feel miserable about it all. I really do.

Granny Primark
16-12-08, 12:39
No way are you being pathetic and useless.
I think you did really well the last time you went on a train.
Ok you need help but at least you did it.
Get your OH to go with you.
Its still a step up the ladder to recovery cus last time you needed the help of 2 people to go with you.
It must be so stressful for you with all the worry of your uncle.
No wonder you are feeling the way you are.
Hope everything goes well for you.:hugs: