PDA

View Full Version : Strange feelings & so frightened

Raindrop
26-06-05, 23:11
Do you ever get weird feelings you can't quite put down as "wrong", but just scare you that something worse is happening? Today, I noticed my arm went very weak, and numb, and tingly,almost like there was a problem with the circulation or nerves. I think I was leaning on it weird, but I can't be sure, and now I'm worried there's something wrong in my brain. I've got a weird tension in my forehead that's making me feel dizzy, and I'm so frightened.

I can't relax. Thing is, I was so happy today, and so happy in life generally, and then these things happen and I just feel "I don't want to be ill" and "I don't want to die", and it robs me of my happiness/optimism, because I get so anxious and fixated on the bad thoughts.

Sorry for moaning, just feel scared and horrid.

BrandyK
26-06-05, 23:33
I feel the same way as you!!!

Brandy

denni
27-06-05, 00:21
me too! mate!
Denni x

pips
27-06-05, 10:24
Oh I so understand I am just the same!

We can make a simple symptom seem so fatal huh. Our irrational thoughts just get totally out of control.

The best thing i can suggest is when you start getting the symptoms and they start to get out of control imagine a lollypop lady with a big STOP sign look at the sign STOP and then do something to distract yourself.

Hope you feel better soon.

Take care.

Love PIP'S X X

vernon
27-06-05, 11:56
lol pips u r so right about think we will die from something so simple. I am the wort i think lol. but i do understand it realy gets us down. I bumped my head the other day in garden and got a lump, I nearly went to the hospital etc lol. and when we look back look at all the daily bumps and scratches we had as children ? and did any of them harm or worry us? we have just learned to over worry and some how have to unlearn again. tc

carlin
27-06-05, 14:41
Hi there,
can understand how you feel, you are not 'ill' nor will you die (not yet anyway), this is purely anxiety and your mind going straight away to the worst senario possible, we all do it, i believe we have to re-train our thoughts, it is very hard and a very gradual process, but can be done, you will hear from people who have manage it i'm sure! I sound very deep, sorry to come across that way, but i know what we should be doing it's putting it into practice that's the hard part, try to distract your thoughts to something pleasant, reading, tv, music, it will pass and you will continue to be happy. take care and keep in touch.

Peru83
27-06-05, 14:50
Everything that you have described is exactly how I feel my Doctor said that the pressure in the forehead is just tension and stress and the weakness, tiredness and fluctuating heart rates (if you have them) again are just all symptoms of anxiety.

I too was quite happy and content untill these feeling came on (4 weeks ago now) but I did get a bit of good advice on here. Which is find a distraction, get up and do something, read, watch tv whatever it is that you enjoy something that you know makes you happy. It wont make the feelings go away completely and sometimes not for that long but even just loosing these feelings for 20mins is great to me.

Hope this helps and hope that you feel better soon.

claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

Sue K with 5
28-06-05, 09:30
I get weird feeling every day - my lack of optimism about life come from constant put downs and being let down by life and other people, we eventually want to beleive that bad things will happen because the good always seems so impossible to have

Thats become my philisophy which is wrong I know but its the only thing I have to explain where all this anxiety and fear came from.

I too leant awkwardly the other day and had the same symptoms as you.

I also bashed my foot up the other day and thought the worst.

Keep hanging on to the positives I know thats hard but there are some good things out there for us we just need to change our thoughts to achieve them

Sue with 5 children

scknight

Meg
28-06-05, 12:42
Claire ,

Distraction also works by showing you these feelings are transient- if it was something serious the symptoms couldn't be mnagicd away just by being busy .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Raindrop
28-06-05, 22:21
Thanks everyone for your kind messages of support.

Obviously I didn't die... [:I] I just hate it how it gets me and I can't think of anything else. Distraction definitely works but easier said than done! I remember reading that when you're panicking your body thinks it's dying... if death is imminent, everything else seems a bit pointless! I find it near impossible to distract myself if I think I'm in any kind of danger.

Cinders4
04-07-05, 14:57
Yes, thats coz the anxiety stops your ability to think, because you are in protection mode and that becomes your body's sole purpose...to protect you.

Your brain doesnt recognise that the panic is irrational when adrenalin is surging round you at a rate of knotts (not sure I spelt that right!!). It only knows its in a state of alert. Rational goes out of the wiindow,

We all know this when its not happening, but try telling yourself this in the middle of a pa!!!!! Impossible isnt it.

I too lay awake taking pulse and noticing every change in my body.... Im so tuned in I really need some help tuning out... Sounds like you do too.

Good luck and feel free to pm me if you want to..
JO