PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed re mouth!!

jellybean43
16-12-08, 18:20
Hi
Well just to say I am at the end of my CBT now for my HA!!! The councellor says i have made good progress(I can defo see a huge difference to where i was this time last year!!!) however he thinks my problems are more GA and has asked me to go back to my GP in the next week or so for another referral so that we can start a new block of sessions and concentrate on my GA!!! I am happy to do this as I know I have lots of unresolved issues which probably have contributed to my HA.The waiting list is now approx 4 months so probably be in the spring!!!

Anyhow, I do seem to have got a "grip" on my lymphoma worry for now. I am not checking anymore(OH checks for me twice a week!!) and my daily anxiety seems to have really come down!!:D
However, a few days ago i felt in my mouth , about the middle of my left cheek, what i can only describe as a small flap of skin. Not a lump as it isnt hard or anything and when i have a look it is the same colour as the rest of my mouth.
OH says he has the same and that it has probably been there forever.
Can anyone reassure me as to what this might be??I do have a CU booked for the 7th of jan and i do go to the dentist regulary. Also i dont drink or smoke!!!
Thanks everyone xx

titch
16-12-08, 18:55
hey im no expert but i think u may of just bitten your gum or scrapped it when eaten..it doesn't sound like anything serious hun..try not too worry ... xxxx:bighug1:

bottleblond
16-12-08, 18:58
Hiya Mate :bighug1:

Your other half is right hun! It's probably just the shape of there teeth and cheek meet if you know what i mean!? But i guarantee DEFO nothing serious.

I'm soooo proud of you for coming on so well! Keep up the good work. :flowers:

Loads of love and hugs
Lisa
xxxx

PhoenixGrey
16-12-08, 19:27
I have this on one side of my mouth from where my teeth and cheek meet - it's nothing to worry about, as long as its the same colour as the rest of your mouth i'd take it as nothing to worry about :)

jellybean43
16-12-08, 22:37
Thanks everyone. xxx