PDA

View Full Version : My first attack

WorryWartRussell
17-12-08, 05:17
I am 20 years old, I am in College seeking a degree in psychology.

I have suffered from panick attacks since I was seven years old. My first attack struck after my great grandmother's funeral.
I was laying awake with my mind racing about death and what it entails. The thought of "Eternity" crossed my mind and I began to lose it. :ohmy:

My heart beat faster and fater, and my palms started to sweat. I got completely tensed up, and then I lept from my bed, as if I needed to escape. I ran into the kitchen and fell to the floor. Still unable to breathe fully, my mother came to my aid, as evidently I was screaming and didn't know it. :scared15:

I have always had these panic attacks and still get them when my mind reels and I am unable to focus.

I lately have taken up many spiratual exercises to help cope with the anxiety and have found a number of them to work.

Anyways, that is a small part of why I am drawn here.

Diane O'Brien
17-12-08, 07:30
Hi Russell

I think your doing amazingly well, u seem to be getting on with your life with the degree and finding answers to your demons. I,m so pleased for you that the spiritual exercises seem to be working. The fact that you have been suffering from these at such a young age makes u a fighter and determined to beat this, like we all are on here.

Keep well and keep fighting the good fight.

Diane xxx

Patty
18-12-08, 21:29
Hi Russell,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :D

jill
19-12-08, 00:26
Hi hun :D:hugs:

:welcome: to the site

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

lorac
19-12-08, 15:10
Hi

Welcome to the site good to have you here.

Take care

Carol

sunshine-lady
20-12-08, 21:01
Hi

:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too:biggrin:

Southern_Belle
20-12-08, 21:58
Hi Russell,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura