PDA

View Full Version : Horrid head symptoms

Blackstar
17-12-08, 11:18
Hi everyone,

I'm trying not to go back down the panic route but last night something horrible happened that has scared me. I was working on the laptop, and all of a sudden my head went weird, like my brain was about to shut down or my had was sinking. It was sort of like dizziness but sort of not.

I do get dizziness a lot and try to ignore it. But this was different. I have also been getting lots of other odd sensations in my head, like a whining noise accompanied by a sort of feeling like my brain is vibrating. Not nice.

Do these sound like brain tumour symptoms? I've been to 2 GPs about dizziness but they always say it's not a tumour. What if they're missing something serious?

I know that anxiety makes me ill. But if I didn't get these horrid symptoms I wouldn't get anxious.

Any advice would be appreciated....so that I can calm down and enjoy Christmas :weep:

Anna. x

Missy69
17-12-08, 11:51
Hiya Blackstar,
I get or used to get everything you have mentioned above, i have always put them down to anxiety, and treated them like every other symptom, just not to pay it any attention, and they have gone, but do return very occasionaly.

As you said, you have learned to ignore the dizziness, well you just have to do the same, they do go, i promise, try not to pay to much attention its the only way.

But im sure some reassurance that others suffer the same will help you to do that.

Take care

Blackstar
17-12-08, 12:03
Thank you Sarah :blush:

I did the worst thing possible...I Googled...and all the evidence points to it being a seizure :unsure: I know that's unlikely but I'm just worried it'll happen again and get worse and I'll have to go the GP and the whole cycle starts again.

But you are right, it definitely helps to hear that other people have experienced the same thing.

Anna. x

Missy69
17-12-08, 12:06
Dont google !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is nothing worse. awwwww hun really try not to google, i will never help you, it will just make you worse.

Take care

Blackstar
18-12-08, 16:06
Hello, me again.

Well I'm still having weird head sensations and I think they're getting more frequent and more intense.

My GP will just sigh and say it's just anxiety, but I crave peace of mind...shall I pay for a private MRI scan? I don't know what else to do and am sure there's something not right with my brain :weep:

I'm so worried...please help!

Anna. x

LACEYA1961
18-12-08, 16:41
Hi, Blackstar :)

I've had those very strange symptoms in my head often and they always pass. Sometimes I feel like I'm shrinking inside of myself and it's very scary.

If you have to get an mri done then do it...for your own peace of mind. It's worth it.

My dr sent me last year for an mri just for that reason...he told me it wasn't a brain tumor but to make me feel better he referred me and of course everything was fine up there. I also have a real problem with dizziness too and it happens often on the computer. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a bad idea to have your eyes checked as well. I've been (or was but can't work now) in the optical business for 20 years and I know how the eyes can really affect your whole head. Also we have to remember that when certain nerves get pinched or pushed on in our spines from malalignment it can cause very strange sensations all over your body. If your neck is bothering you that could be the reason. I told someone else this in another post the other day.

Do what you can to rule out anything that could be causing your symptoms. When you rule out the really bad stuff then the symptoms aren't so bad.

It's so difficult to use common sense in our situations and we tend to go to the extreme and think the worst. I know I do at times and I'm working so hard at not doing it.

Now if I could take my own advice lol

You'll be fine you'll see!

Take care,

Lacey

Trixie
18-12-08, 17:32
Hello, me again.

Well I'm still having weird head sensations and I think they're getting more frequent and more intense.

My GP will just sigh and say it's just anxiety, but I crave peace of mind...shall I pay for a private MRI scan? I don't know what else to do and am sure there's something not right with my brain :weep:

I'm so worried...please help!

Anna. x

Would you believe the result if you paid to have one though? They are not cheap.:ohmy: