PDA

View Full Version : Hi there.

bucks2704
17-12-08, 14:34
Hi there, I dont really know where to go with this, but I hope im in the right place.

For the last 8 or so years my life has changed dramatically, I am a former US Marine, I served in Kosovo I have never been formally diagnosed with post traumatic stress and I just dont know what to do.

Over this time I have become increasingly depressed & I guess I suffer terribly from anxiety, I now have such a terrible fear of death which I never had before, There are times where I think I have about 10+ different symptoms going on that will lead to somthing really bad.

I have never been to a doctor about any of this, or shared my experiences with anyone, but it is having a serious effect on my relationship and basically it is ruining my eniter life.

I guess what im looking for is a way to live with this, and how other people live and deal with thier anxieties.

Sorry for going on and being pretty vauge.

Michael :)

bottleblond
17-12-08, 14:44
Hi Michael

Welcome along to NMP! :hugs:

I can't even begin to imagine what you have gone through but you have my greatest respect.

I can't claim to know much about PTS but i think it would be wise to get medical advice hun. I'm sure there will be lots of help our there for ex-service men and women and if not, then there should be.

Stick around as i'm sure you will get lots of support and advice here.

Lisa
x

Missy69
17-12-08, 15:38
:yesyes: :yesyes: Bucks a Big Welcome to NMP :yesyes: :yesyes:

Veronica H
17-12-08, 19:13
:welcome: Bucks. Glad you have found us. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'Self help for your nerves' published by Thorsons ISBN 978-0-7225-3155-6. This is available from the NMP Shop. I cannot recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. Her recordings can be downloaded free to your MP3 from the NMP Shop too. You will find comfort and support here.

Veronica