PDA

View Full Version : is this common of depersonalisation?

Cheeky220
17-12-08, 16:01
is it common to feel you are not connected to your thoughts eg almost like they arnt happening in your head?? will this go?

BasilCat
17-12-08, 16:48
It makes me feel like nothings happening in my head!! Like I am a zombie or something. Yes it will go. I have probably said before but I have had 4 breakdowns in 30 years and ended up with panic/agoraphobia and general anxiety disorder with the symptoms ranging from mild to severe. I have felt close to death but I have always got over it COMPLETELY and after a 6 months episode of anxiety 20 years ago, I even went to Florida and sent my Psychologist a PostCard to prove how well I was!!! It will go Cheeky. But we have got to help ourselves a bit.

Shirley

Cheeky220
17-12-08, 17:00
thanks basil cat, trying to stay posititve just this has lasted ages now hope i feel in my body soon!!

HeatherMc
17-12-08, 17:28
Hello it will pass eventually its a horrible feeling I get episodes where my mind is a complete blank, unfortunately it is another trick from the bag of Mrs Anxiety
Basilcat thanks so much for sharing your history, it is reassuring to know that people can get better I had post natal depression 11 years ago and despite the odd blip have been fine apart from this wonderful time which started in Feb but I feel like I have turned a corner now,( I was really convinced I had lost in completely)

I know this sounds a bit harsh cheeky but basically you have to ride it out until it fades away of its own accord you cannot rush recovery from this sort of thing, if you do so it tends to make things worse as you are putting yourself under more pressure - honestly it took me months to accept this because at the end of the day we just want to go to bed and wake up back up to normal I have spent months searching for all the answers and there are no easy ones just follow the advice of the folk on here, some things work better for different people.

Good Luck

Heather

BasilCat
17-12-08, 22:33
Hi Cheeky, Glad you are trying to stay positive. As Heather says, we have to try and ride it out till it fades away. Also try and not be upset or irritated with it. Easier said than done I know. But with practice we can do it. As Heather says, you cannot rush recovery from this sort of thing but we CAN all get over this if we just hang in there and dont fight or struggle with how we are feeling.
Heather, I had post natal depression too but that was about 12 years ago. I was taking Prozac for it and it worked really well. With this I have been taking nothing. I tried Prozac but it didnt work for anxiety the way it did for PND.
I am glad you feel like you have turned a corner now Heather. I know that feeling of being convinced I had lost it completely. Not good.

I dont mind sharing my history if its going to help someone. This is what I keep hanging on to, the fact that I have always got over anxiety before. So I can do it again and so can anyone on here too. And I have really been in the pits of hell before now. So ANYTHING is possible.

Shirley