PDA

View Full Version : Nausea with Cipralex

Blaise
17-12-08, 19:31
Help,

I have been taking Cipralex for over 9 months now and only had bad nausea for the first few weeks whilst going onto 10mg. My dad is has just started to take cipralex and went up to 10mg 4 weeks and is still feeling nauseous all day everyday - seems to be getting worse.Will this subside or is this a sign that hes not reacting to the drug very well. Please help we are worried he will have to come off yet another drug and go through yet another bout of withdrawal.......:blush:

Thanks Blaise xx

bab
17-12-08, 20:33
nausea is very common with this drug - and it will wear off after a few weeks xx dont worry give it more time -

bora20
17-12-08, 23:13
It took me about 4/5 weeks to be rid completely of the nausea and stomach upset, tell him to hang in there a little longer before giving up, he's come this far.

Blaise
18-12-08, 19:56
Thanks guys - thats reassuring!

Sam

alias_kev
22-12-08, 22:13
I make it a point to take mine after food. I went on a higher fibre diet about the same time so in the morning have wholemeal toast or cereal plus some fruit. Milk is generally skimmed with the cereal. Don't have many issues now and don't remember too many at the start - but I already felt dreadful so may be I didn't notice the pills.

I found the pills nuked my depression (which probably was not long standing) and softened the GAD (which I diagnose myself as having for a long time). They did not help a lot with phobic responses or all of the avoidance that we practice. I suspect the pills may help the brain more than it appears BUT we have to overcome the learnt fear and habits - the pills only remove the underlying anxiety.