PDA

View Full Version : NO MORE PANIC

jill
27-06-05, 14:20
Hi All you special people,

First I would like to say sorry:( for not replying to post. I thought I had been suffering SA all my life but as Meg has kindly pointed out ( thank you soooo much Meg [^]:D I suffer low self esteem and lack of confidence, so replying to post is very hard for me at the moment.

I came to this site suffering with PA and high anxiaty symptoms, living in fear 24/7:( Mrs Aanixaty tried to give me sooo many phobias,
eg, going out, going into shops, eating, drinking health problems and many more. When I look back I had every symptom you can think of.
Like most of you I thought that my PA came out of the blue, thought that there was NO reason for me to be having panic attacks.
Since finding this site I did not have far to look where my panic had come from. The low self esteem and lack of confidence has been eating away at me. For me I do believe that the panic was my bodys way of saying, I've had enough. All through my life I have had soooo many negative thoughts about alot of things.
For a number of years my daughter from the age of 3 suffered PA and anxaity, this was in NO WAY the cause of my panic, this just put more stress and negative thoughts into what was an already negative mind.
Before I had my PA my daughter was on the mend, I have tought her soo much over the years, facing her fears teaching her confideance.
She is doing soooo well and I'm soooo proud of her[^][^] She will be 12 years old in August and she has not had a PA in a long time.
It is sooo true when they say, to understand what a PA sufferer goes through, you have to go through it yourself. All that I tought my daughter, facing your fears. how to deal with the panic, the symptoms.
When it happened to me the fear was sooo intense I could NOT control my own thoughs and fears.:( It took this site and the special people on her to bring me back from the hell Mr Panic and Mrs anxiaty was putting me through.
The advice on here is priceless, it all works, I am proof of that. I have not had a PA since christmas and that was because my Mum was told she had breast cancer and we where waiting for the results to come though. Even then I told Mr Panic to P*** O** and he did not stay long.
Befor that it was in August befor finding this site on holiday in one day I had 6 PA and my body was on high allert all the time. As i have said I was in fear 24/7 and having alot of axiaty symptoms.
For me, understanding the thought pattern help me soooo much. After my first PA I programmed my mind very quidkly to fear these symptoms, to fear Mr Panic. My thoughs were, I have a terrible illness and my GP can't find it or I was going to be like this for the rest of my life. The hardest thing is to change your thoughts, it's easy to fight with
other people but the hardest thing is to fight with yourself. Mrs anxiaty is always there telling you the negative thoughs.
You must fight back, keep putting positive thoughs in your head. No matter how small the positive thought is.
I started by telling myself and anyone else that would listen all the symptoms of PA, anixaty. I would write them down and say to myself, " oh my god look what Mrs anxiaty can dish out. By doing this I was programming my thought pattern, so when Mrs anxiaty would throw a symmptom at me insted of thinking, heart attack my thoughs would think
anxiaty attack. Even when I believed that the symptoms were all anxiaty,Mrs anxiaty was there again saying that I would be like this for the rest of my life. Again my battle began with my thoughs, fighting with Mr anxiaty, chipping away with the positive thoughs, telling myself and anyone that would listem that I WILL get better.
All this did not happen over night, every thought throughout every day was about PA and anxiaty. No matter what I was doing I was thinking about this all the time. Putting positive thougts into my head, kept telling myself the symptoms WILL NOT harm me and I WILL GET BETTER.
Even when I started to have days with NO anxiaty I would still go over and over in my head how to deal and cope with the sym

lainey
27-06-05, 14:50
What a lovely post Jill, you have done so well chuck!
You always give so much good advice to everyone, YOUR ADVICE IS CERTAINLY VALUED and you are a very special person.

Take care

Elaine x

clickaway
27-06-05, 15:15
Well done Jill!

Keep active in this site and dishing out the advice.

It will make you feel good that you can help others and will also help your social phobia.

Mr Panic and Mrs Anxiety - a match made in h..................ell :D

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

leo05
27-06-05, 16:17
nice post keep up the good work jill

your special too remember that and i wish all the best in your recovery

take care

leanne (leo05)

vernon
27-06-05, 17:02
realy great Jill so happy for you:D

mumof4
27-06-05, 17:24
well done jill this site has also helped me and ive been free of panic attacks for months still hve the odd anxeity there.

good luck with ur future.

seh1980
27-06-05, 18:00
Yeah - good for you Jill!!!!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

kairen
27-06-05, 19:28
Hi Jill

And thanks for posting that, it is always good to read when some one is on the up,
I found this site when i would say 99% back to normal (whatever that is)
i had been off meds for about 6 weeks then and felt great, i was worried the meds were still in my system and thats why i felt good, then i found this site and it has taught me so much about why it happens and how to control and stop it, i know if i had not found this site i prob would have just gone back on meds thinking i couldnt cope,

I wish i had found this site years ago, I have had more help and understanding here in the last 4 months than 20 years back and forwards to the doctors, and i wouldnt say it was the doctors fault just here i felt understood, and it was a comfort although sad to see so many people with the same probs, and thoughts,

so well done and all the best to you it was a pleasure reading yr post

Take care

kairen x

Karen
27-06-05, 19:28
You've done so well Jill.

I know how much low self esteem and lack of confidence can affect you and this prevents me from replying to posts sometimes. However, what you say is worth reading and you do help people with your advice and support.

It isn't easy to overcome these issues, but you've beaten the panic and you can get over this too.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
27-06-05, 19:59
Jill

Thanks for a lovely post and I am so pleased to hear that you are doing so well nowadays.[:P]

Please continue to post when you can as you are a valuable member of the forum.

You are doing so well and you made it happen so a BIG well done for all your efforts that you put in.
xxx

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

pips
27-06-05, 23:03
Well Done Jill I'm so pleased for you.

it's so lovely to here such a sucess story. Keep up the good work hun.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Meg
27-06-05, 23:42
Hey Jill,

So very glad you didn't change your mind and not post.

Maybe when you see a post you think you might like to add to but are struggling a bit - ask yourself how many people might benefit from what you have to say and if you don't post certainly not even one person will even have that chance to learn anything at all.

You keep it up.... we need you to help give others hope...

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

jill
22-08-05, 00:22
Hi all you special people :D

I am red faced now because I have just found this thread that I did not reply to [:I] Don't know how I missed it [:I] you can see the date it was written on the top, so its an old post.
I know it's a bit late to say thank you Meg, Pips, Nic, Karen, karien, sarah, Taler, Vernon, Leanna, Ray, Elaine. for your kinds words but it's better late than never LOL
I have been a member of this site for just over a year now.
I am still panic and high anxiaty free.

Many Many thanks

TAKE CARE ALL

LOVE JILLXXX

henri
22-08-05, 10:21
well done jill, you've done great. and great post!
henri x

nomorepanic
23-08-05, 09:14
Wow Jill - is it that long that you have been here. Doesn't time fly eh?

Good to see that you are still around to help others as well so thanks for that.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

mojo5
23-08-05, 09:50
Hi Jill

I'm so glad to hear about your positive progress - you desreve your success & have earned it.

Thankyou also for your support too - your words of advice have been invaluable.

This site and it's members have played an massive part in my recovery and so have you.

Thank-you Jill.

Good Luck
Mojo