PDA

View Full Version : severe stomach cramping.....is this IBS?

katiedarling
17-12-08, 23:59
I have been getting some really brutal stomach cramps lately. Im not sure if it is just really really bad trapped gas or something.....but my stomach will cramp so much, it is intensely painful. I feel like I cant even stand up straight, I walk kinda hunched over.
The only thing that helps and makes it go away, is if I lie down, with a heating pack, directly on my stomach. That makes it feel better.
I wouldnt have worried about it, thinking it is just gas, except that it has been happening a bit more frequently lately. Like twice in the past week.
I sometimes feel a bit nauseous too......Like just...upset stomach.
However all my bowel movements are totally fine. No diarrhea, no constipation. I go every day, and its always normal.
Any ideas????

always-ill
18-12-08, 22:30
Hi,
When you say cramping, do you mean like period pain, kinda like a bad but dull ache, or do you mean a spasm pain that just comes on quick? Its just that I have been suffering with spasm cramps in my stomach, but it comes on quick, like when you pull a cramp in your calf. My stomach goes hard and the pain is really bad, I can hardly move, but it does pass off after a few minutes then leaves me with a sore pain which lingers about for a day or so. I also have been suffering with IBS recently too, which I have never really suffered with before, but that is like a bad but dull pain which feels a bit like period pain and even travels around my back and down my legs, but I have had some toilet issues with it. I have been to my gp about both of the pains and have been told they are nothing to worry about. I have sorted out the IBS by taking lots of probiotic yoghurts/drinks and supplements and also by taking fibregel every day. It had really improved within a couple of days, so you could try that to see if it helps.