PDA

View Full Version : Dpersonalisation, disociation etc

sylvia1970
18-12-08, 06:06
Hey everyone,

went to see my doc today and what he said kinda caused me to feel down. He told me that my type of illness was hard to treat and that it wasnt your common ocd or something to that effect. He also said what made it complex is my disociative episodes and that it was going to be difficult to treat. Also he said that ppl with psychosis often have disociation but he didnt think I had psychosis just extremely high anxiety. Ofcourse having anxiety and ocd, my brain went, "omg I could be psychotic, maybe I am". Just scared me when he said it was going to be difficult to treat. I thought "omg I will never be well again"

I have a question for ppl suffereing from dpersonalisation, is your dp related to psychosis or is it just your high anxiety? Sorry If my question is intrusive, well i hope it isnt intrusive. Just feel kinda alone here, thinking about whether depersonalisation can lead to psychosis etc.

Thankyou so much for reading this thread
sylvia

tigger1964
18-12-08, 06:59
hi sylvia,

so sorry to hear your feeling down. I only get dp occasionally, and mines is related with high anxiety, i hope this eases your worry slightly, i always feel that its better to know that your not alone. You take care.

sharon

sylvia1970
18-12-08, 07:05
thankyou for your reply tigger, it is nice to know im not alone, but would never wish it on anybody though.

sylvia

BasilCat
18-12-08, 08:54
Hi Sylvia, Just letting you know that my DP is absolutely nothing to do with Psychosis. Like you Sylvia, I feel its nice to know I am not alone with this but wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy! Not that I have any enemies of course! How are you doing today?

Shirley

sylvia1970
18-12-08, 09:25
Hey there, I am ok, just was a little bit shaken from the news from my doctor. I was hoping he would have taken me of the risperidone, which he says is for my high anxiety. Instead tells me I may need meds for quite some time. Ohh well, his the doc, I just go along with what he recommends.

sylvia