PDA

View Full Version : looking for people on Second Life, for BBC doc

Giant
18-12-08, 17:43
Do you go on Second Life a lot? Are you interested in it? Does it affect your real life? Do you live in the UK? Could we chat to you about it?

Please message me through the site.

All the best

Giant

bottleblond
18-12-08, 20:22
Hi Giant

What is 'Second life'?

Lisa
xx

Cathy V
19-12-08, 00:18
I think its that computer 'game' where you can create another you, virtually speaking that is! You can turn yourself into a Jordan look-alike and just create a virtual life for yourself, visit any place you want and live the life you've always wanted (I think thats right, maybe there are lots of rules but only know what the daily mail has told me!) There's been alot of press about it lately, as one or two people have actually left their real lives to be with their virtual 'partner'...they say the game is true escapism :ohmy:

Alabasterlyn
19-12-08, 10:41
It can be good fun as long as you don't get too involved in it and let it take over your life. I have a couple of friends who also have anxiety and I joined it just to see what it was all about. For a few weeks I was really hooked as it was just pure escapism. However at some point I realised that the only way to really enjoy this game was by either paying to buy "Lindens" which is the SL currency or get a virtual job. Most of the virtual jobs seem sadly to have a sexual element to them which didn't appeal to me. As I also couldn't see the point of of spending real money just to play an online game I decided to not bother with it anymore.

bottleblond
19-12-08, 17:14
Thanks Cathy!! I suppose i can see the attraction but i have trouble enough with one of me, nevermind another! :roflmao:

Lisa
x

Cathy V
19-12-08, 23:39
Lol lisa and Tetley...:D

koola
02-01-09, 20:40
hey there i'm a member and i'm from the UK. Don't go on it much at the moment though cos neither my PC or laptop can handle it :( My SL name is Alice Moody and when i was on i was earning Lindens designing jewellery :) You might wanna search for my boyfriend (real life! haha) on SL, his name is Jetsunami Duell, he's on often and he's part of a company that creates buildings for other people. They don't earn a huge amount yet but he loves it. I'm so proud of him :)

msg me if u like :)