PDA

View Full Version : hi im new

mogwai
18-12-08, 17:06
hi im new to this site and im really glad i came across it to maybe share and learn with other peoples experinces. i suffer from anxiety panic attacks and depression, i currently dont take medication for it. my first full blown anxiety attack accured during a time when i smoked marjuana, during it i became very concioues of my heart beating really fast in my chest which scared the hell out of me! it took my a full 2 weeks to actually calm down from that experince,but i continued to have panic attacks almost daily for the next year after that experince, i really thought that there was something seriously medically wrong with me, i have had numerous tests in the hospital including ecgs, a echo of the heart, also had 24hr recording of the heart and blood tests, everything perfect. i dont know how many times i have visited my local gp complaining of a different symptom each time and ive propably experinced every anxiety symptom there is! the worse one i find those horrible ectopic beats, they really scare me!anyways that was almost 4 years ago now since that first attack but i still deal with some anxiety daily and some symptoms in the background. thanx for reading my post and i hope to hear from some replys soon.

pooh
18-12-08, 17:39
HI there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

mogwai
18-12-08, 17:45
thank you pooh for your warm welcome, that was wonderful thank you so much.

Seebra
18-12-08, 18:12
Hi Mogwai!

I also had a major panic episode after using marijuana - first and last time - lol.

Funny thing is, my sister insisted that I try it because of my panic attacks and anxiety. She told me it would calm me down.

My heart felt like it was going to rip out of my chest. I was convinced that I was having a heart attack.

I tried to run to the phone to call 911 - not a pretty picture, as I'm sure it would have been quite a scene with me explaining to the operator that I was dying because I inhaled marijuana.

I don't know if it's a blessing or curse, but nothing calms me down as far as medication or alcohol. (I have panic attacks if I am drinking, etc.)

I wish I was like everyone else who lives their lives without worrying 24/7.

Anyway, nice to meet you!

jill
19-12-08, 00:34
Hi hun :D:hugs:

:welcome: to the site.

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXXX

sunshine-lady
20-12-08, 20:58
Hi

:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too:biggrin:

Southern_Belle
20-12-08, 21:50
Hi Mogwai,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

mogwai
20-12-08, 22:31
thanks all for all your comments, really apprecciate it.