PDA

View Full Version : Grrr driving me nuts!

nickieb
18-12-08, 17:52
Hi peeps

I know lots of u suffer with GERD, heartburn, indigestion etc so some advice will be great.

I am getting a sharp twinge under my left breast to the left side almost at the side of my left breast this then leaves a burning trail for like 10 seconds. I had it today after eating a cheese toastie. Does this sound common of indigestion, GERD etc?? On occasions i have an ache inbetween my shoulder blades too.

???

Nic xxx

bottleblond
18-12-08, 19:07
Hi mate

Yup i suffer from this too! I have tried different things for it but i find Zantac most effective. If you get them then take them for at least a couple of days as this usualy settles the acid down. I found just taking one when it is bad, doesn't usualy work as good. You can buy them over the counter too so no need for a doctors visit unless it doesn't settle.

This one is easier said that done, but try to avoid dairy products and spicey foods :ohmy:.

If you get it bad at night, put a couple of books under both ends of the head of the bed to raisew it because this stops the acid settling in the abdomen, don't use extra pillows because it's useless.

Hope this helps mate
Loads of love
Lisa
xxxxxxxxxx

:bighug1:

Pippage
19-12-08, 14:33
It sounds like you have a leaky valve so that stomach acid leaks slightly?
Have you seen the doc for this at all? I will check up in my books when I get home from work!!

nickieb
19-12-08, 17:50
I went the doc & they say its GERD & heartburn. They upped my omeprazole & given me domperidone. & thry think the pain in my breast is not related & is more of a muscle or nerve problem.

I ate pasta & salad last night about 6ish & woke up this am with it all still sitting in my throat. I felt vile & burped at work & all thick bile came up- this has continued all day....its grosse!!

xxxx