PDA

View Full Version : Work's christmas dinner saturday

Graz
18-12-08, 18:12
Hi all,

Is anyone else avoiding their company's Christmas dinner? I am...as it's in a remote location about 25 miles from here, so I would have to taxi (worried about travelling), worried about being sick and unable to eat, and just generally really anxious about going so I will make some phoney excuse about not going even though I said I would. Is anyone else in the same situation??

Cheers!
Graz

Wenjoy
18-12-08, 20:06
I dont have one this year as made redundant but I would usually cry off the work do - the times I have gone Ive eaten little, danced a bit and gone to the loo to escape the hot crammed atmosphere - I went which was the main thing - so dont worry - you will be fine! Wenjoy x

kate
20-12-08, 08:14
I never go to works do's BUT last night I did :D

We went for a meal and I had a really good time. It helped that it was at a restaurant where I have been before so was familiar with it.

Felt a bit on edge a few times but managed to stay the whole evening (nearly 4 hours).

Kate

Wenjoy
20-12-08, 09:31
Hey well done - know what you mean about familiar restaurants - if we eat out (which we try to do every few months as hubby loves it) we always end up in the same 3 as I know where the exits and loos are!! Well done for last night though - brill!! Wenjoy x

MikeyT
20-12-08, 11:18
Hi Graz

Do you not drive? If you did you could go in your own car, for me this would give you a little buffer, if things got to much you could leave.
But at least you went, which in my experience would give you a boost because of.
All the best whatever you decided to do.
Mike

Graz
20-12-08, 13:22
Hi all,

thanks for your kind words :)

I didn't go in the end, as I don't drive (Tried taking lessons-- panic!!) and I don't get on particularly well with my boss to say the least! So I decided to have a nice, relaxing saturday at home with some cuppas and my cat. Not regretting it as I'd be winding myself up no end now knowing I have 4 hours till I have to leave for that!

You could say I gave in, but to be honest I see those people enough as it is and it'd feel like going to work again :p but never mind, chillout time now :D