PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Parsifal

Parsifal
18-12-08, 18:41
Hi all.

Here's a short introduction of myself.

I'm a 30 year old man, living in Norway.
I've been struggling with nausea and light-headednes whenever I talk to people I'm not 100% comfortable with, dining with colleagues and other people, standing in line, being in shops and lately even when I'm just watching TV. It took me 2 years to finally figure out what my problem most likely is; some sort of anxiety. I love being around people, I love what I do for a living and I love being the centre of attention. So to me this disorder seems totally irrational. Still, it's something I just have to accept, even though caffeine intolerance seemed a more likely cause until I quit coffee and the symptoms persisted.

I've got a small history of depression, but that is not something that has been a threat to me ever since I discovered that just a small dose of Ritalin would set things straight in a matter of minutes, after which I could go years without seeing any signs of depression. While depression and anxiety is often related, Ritalin has had no effect on my current anxiety.

I'm currently on Cipralex, but I'm only a week into it at the time of writing.

I'm attending this forum hoping to find others suffering the same sort of anxiety as I am. It always helps to know you're not alone.

stace1
18-12-08, 18:47
Hi

I'm new on this too, i have been suffering anxiety and panic for 2 months its horrific, i'm on diazepam and fluoxetine, your certainly not alone :yesyes:

pooh
18-12-08, 23:38
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

jill
18-12-08, 23:47
Hi hun :D:hugs:

:welcome: to the site.

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

lorac
19-12-08, 15:04
Hi

Welcome to the site I think you wil get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

sunshine-lady
20-12-08, 21:00
Hi

:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too:biggrin:

Southern_Belle
20-12-08, 21:53
Hi Parsifal,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura