PDA

View Full Version : what is going on !

ship
18-12-08, 21:06
Hi All

Im 40 and have recently moved to a new job with far more accountability for leading a team within a large organization.

WOW I cant sleep as Im racing constantly I’ve been to see the Doc and he tried Propranolol but that did nothing. He told me to complete a questionnaire and told me that I was very depressed !!! This was a shock but prescribed me Sertraline 50mg and Ive been taking for several days. I feel on planet nausea, feel heart beating in chest, talking & thinking quickly. I feel worse that before and wondered if any of you helpful people could shed any light. Shall I dump the Sertraline

Thanks

lorac
18-12-08, 23:03
Hi Ship

Welcome to the site. Sorry I can't advise you as to whether you should dump the Sertraline, I know nothing about meds but I am sure you will get some advice from people who do know.

Take care

Carol

jill
18-12-08, 23:17
Hi Ship :D:hugs:

:welcome: to the site.

I am sorry to hear how you have been feeling hun, my heart goes out to you, its dame hard when something like this happens and we don't know where it came from.

Hunny, I would guess that your gp gave you a good check?

I don't know much about meds but do know that it can take time to work into your body, it has side effects which can last for awhile, but when these side effect go, you may feel the benafit of the med.

My advice on the meds would be to talk to your gp if your not happy, DON'T just stop them.

You have come to the right place, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

Congrats on the new job, :yesyes:

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

pooh
18-12-08, 23:40
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

sunshine-lady
20-12-08, 15:59
Hi
:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

I have taken Sertraline in the past and also had side effects to start with, however, they didn't last more than a couple of weeks and I definatley started to feel better. Try to persevere for a couple of weeks, they could make you feel a lot better as your body adjusts to them.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Southern_Belle
20-12-08, 20:32
Hi Ship,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura