PDA

View Full Version : Hola!

Enigmatic_Shadow
28-06-05, 02:04
:D Good evening all!

You can call me "Enigma".

I was drawn to this site for the information offered and the concept of talking to other people who feel what I feel...

Up until today, literally, I never EVER considered I might have some form of Anxiety... but now that I think about it, being extremely afraid (I sweat, hyperventilate and become dizzy) to pick up the phone isn't quite normal, is it?

I've had this problem since I can remember, and it IS disrupting my life. If my family wants me to order pizza, I can't do it. I freak out. I can't even call the bank to have them set up a new password for me because I lost mine, So my bank account is now inactive. It's been 8 months.

I also have a problem with loud noises, like a saw or motorcycle driving by. It makes my heart beat fast, I sweat, I can't concentrate on anything else but the noise and how badly I wish it would stop, go away. It makes me want to run away and hide from it. It's just strange!

And ontop of it all, I have a BAD phobia of bugs. If I see a spider or earwig, I freeze. I can't move for a few seconds. My toes literally curl up and I watch it's every move. After I overcome the being "frozen" part, I yell to someone in the house to come squish it or put it outside.

So yes, I'm a little crazy to say the least.

Anywho, I can't wait to start talking with everyone! This seems like a great place!!

Ciao for now!

Know the world in yourself, never look for yourself in the world.

Karen
28-06-05, 06:08
Hi Enigma

Welcome to the forum. You are certainly not crazy and not the only one with these kinds of issues. I have social phobia and experience a lot of difficulty speaking on the phone to people I don't know too.

Phobias are possible of all sorts of things, and insects and spiders is quite a common one.

What help have you had so far?

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Enigmatic_Shadow
28-06-05, 08:01
Yay!! I'm not alone!! hehe

And I've had no help whatsoever. My family teases and bugs me about my phone problem, my mother especially... she tells me I need to grow up and how it's rediculous, which makes it worse.. And I'm no little kid, I'll be 21 in december.

They've done this (and some people ive met) since I was 12/13, when it really started.

Just the lack of understanding and support really drags you down, you know?

And also being completely out of money, I can't afford to see any form of a psychiatrist or anyone who costs money.

So... oh joyous life.

How about you??

jill
28-06-05, 08:31
Hi Enigma,

Welsome to the site,

There are lots of nice people here who will
help and support you..

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

When you are afraid, do the thing you are afraid of
and soon will you lose your fear of it.

pinkscrumpy
28-06-05, 09:40
Hi Enigma

Welcome to the site.

If you are crazy, we all are crazy. What a crazy world. LOL

MANDIE XX

seh1980
28-06-05, 09:55
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Peru83
28-06-05, 11:52
Hi there Enigma,

Sorry to hear that you don't feel that you have much support. It's not that they don't want to support you it's just that your family/friends don't understand or probably can't comprehend how your are feeling as they have never went through this themselfs. However there is nothing to stop you from approaching your GP about how you are feeling or if you don't feel that it's serious enough for that then just come on here and have a good moan or blether in the chat room (which starts to get busy about 7-8pm).

Take care

claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

Meg
28-06-05, 12:19
Enigma

Well , you're now in company of people who have or are expereincing personal issues mostly set around the common denominator of fear .. of roads, of people, of bridges, of talking , of being sick etc.

The way through is often fairly similar and involves self help and much effort on your part. Maybe think about one of these issues that you want to tackle first have a read around he forum and think how you can take the advice and apply it to your own issues. You'll find that if you post wanting opinions we're all really happy to help you get lots of points of view based on experience .

I don't think you need a psychiatrist at this stage - if you could stretch to some CBT therapy that would help - if not we'll help.

Family can be wonderful but not know how to help.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kairen
28-06-05, 14:43
Hi Enigma

Welcome to the site, as you can see your not alone in any of your fears, there is always someone around to help, and who understands, we have a great chat room on a night time too, starting about 8 ish,

take care

kairen x

leo05
28-06-05, 17:49
hi there and welcome to the site

feel free to pm me anytime

leanne (leo05)

nomorepanic
28-06-05, 19:23
Hi and welcome aboard the forum.

Good to have you here and I hope we can help with some of your issues.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Donna
28-06-05, 19:25
Hello and welcome!

My sister has trouble with talking on the phones too - just thought i would mention it - you aint alone! I hope that this place helps you!

Take care

kate
28-06-05, 19:31
Yuck, yuck, YUCK, spiders.....

Welcome to the site, Enigma!

Kate x

Enigmatic_Shadow
28-06-05, 21:08
Omg, WOW! I already feel at home!

Thank you all for your great advice and kind words! I can already tell I'm gonna love this place!

I've never been given such encouragement before! hehe.

thank you all, again!!

I would stay and chat some more but I've got charts to make!!

I'll definitely come on the chat tonight tho!

Donna
29-06-05, 20:14
Im glad you feel at home! i just wanted to say - i love your signature - its beautiful x