PDA

View Full Version : hi, im new

munchkin2304
18-12-08, 21:46
Hi, I'm new to this site and came across it whilst looking for ways to take my anxiety away. It all started at about the age of 12, i was lying in bed one day and about to fall asleep, i had my eyes closed and in my head i was spinning round and round. At first it was comforting and got to me to sleep but after a while it started to affect me i started getting really dizzy and couldn't control the spinning anymore. My parents took me to the doctors and i had many blood tests and none of these amounted to anything, after a while my mum stopped believing me and thought i was making it up. At that moment in time i never realised that it was anxiety attacks that were affecting me, i had recently cut my artery open in my arm and had lost lots of blood. When i got back home i became very paranoid wouldn't leave the house kept thinking that my arm would burst open and i'd bleed to death on the pavement whilst people walked past. After i managed to control the anxiety attacks i started progressing in my life getting really confident. My anxiety obviously caught up with me a few times between then and now but nothing serious. I'm 18 now and just recently i have put on a little bit of weight, just a normal amount for a girl my age but i'd never been above 7 stone since this year. This has had a catastrophic impact on my life plus with other serious things that have happened over the past year. I can't stand when people stare at me, I can't make eye contact with anyone, thats when the attacks started happening again, i was waiting at the bus stop and the road started outstretching infront of me and i felt like i was going to fall into the road. I immediately have to hold on to something and my heart races. This has lead to me not wanting to leave my house, I will only go out when i have to and its making my life a living hell.
Anyway thats my story and why i ended up on this site, i hope people can relate to my story because i know what its like to feel like your the only person in the world going through this. Thanks for listening, stop and chat. Christine

Missy69
18-12-08, 22:03
:yesyes: :yesyes: Welcome Christine :yesyes: :yesyes:

lorac
18-12-08, 22:48
Hi Christine

Welcome to the site, I am sure that many people on here will relate to the way you feel, me included. I think you will find many nice people to chat to on here and get some good advice and support.

Take care

Carol

jill
18-12-08, 23:08
Hi Christine :D:hugs:

:welcome: to the site.

I can relate to alot of things regarding the anxiety hun and so can soo many memebers on here, you have come to the right place, there are lots of nice people on here who will help and support you.

Please take time to read through the site, The forum threads have lots of great advice in them from other sufferers, but this site has lots of gread advice behind it to, read first steps, how to cope, which is on the left hand side of this page, with lots more great info there too.

Read all you can about panic, anxiety, this helps us move on a little, it helps us understand things a little more.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE:hugs:

LOVE JILL XXXX

sunshine-lady
20-12-08, 16:02
Hi Christine

:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too:biggrin:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Southern_Belle
20-12-08, 20:34
Hi Christine,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura