PDA

View Full Version : Shooting pain in right shoulder blade

Musicman
18-12-08, 22:32
Dear all,

A couple of months ago I experienced severe stabbing pain in my LEFT (not right as in the title) shoulder blade that literally took my breath away and made me retort. I same thing has just happened to me again whilst watching TV. It feels like I am being stabbed in the back. Again it took my breath away.

Should I be worried about this? Does anyone have any ideas about what this may be?

Thanks in advance!

Musicman. :)

itoldyouiwasill
18-12-08, 23:40
Dear all,

A couple of months ago I experienced severe stabbing pain in my LEFT (not right as in the title) shoulder blade that literally took my breath away and made me retort. I same thing has just happened to me again whilst watching TV. It feels like I am being stabbed in the back. Again it took my breath away.

Should I be worried about this? Does anyone have any ideas about what this may be?

Thanks in advance!

Musicman. :)

I get this at times and to be honest it can be caused by something as harmless as trapped wind or a spot of reflux. I really would not be concerned especially bearing in mind that this is an irregular occurence.

Jan63
19-12-08, 09:56
Yes I had this last week. I was in the shower and reached up to move the shower head and I got a sudden terrible pain in my left shoulder blade that hurt when I breathed in. I had it for about 3 or 4 days before it got better - think it was just a muscle pain.:shrug:

Vinny
19-12-08, 13:24
Hi Musicman
Well you can see from my earlier post I too suffer from pains in my shoulder blades and it does seem quite common. I have suffered from it on and off for years and normally don't take much notice of it. When my health anxiety is rally bad (like it is at the moment) I worry about it......trouble is anxiety/worry only make the pains worse.
Please don't worry and try and relax.
Take Care x

helen26
19-12-08, 14:02
i have this to, in both shoulder blades, have been told its down to my anxiety and muscles. i have been told not to wroory bout it by docs, as anxiety feed on it! x

Musicman
19-12-08, 14:07
Thanks for your replies :)