PDA

View Full Version : Another emetophobia problem - emergency!

Ireni
19-12-08, 09:34
I read the thing about the norovirus (or whatever it's called!). I think I have it. I'm TERRIFIED. I'd rather die than be sick. I feel hot and sick. Please help, I don't know what to do. I don't want to be sick. :scared15: If I get through the next 6 hours w/out being sick, would that mean i'm 'safe'?

Please, please help. I've never felt so sick and scared in my life.

xx

Ireni
19-12-08, 09:35
Whoah, I used the word 'sick' so many times in that post!

belle
19-12-08, 09:38
The times i have had it, it came on REALLY suddenly. I was fine one second the next, i felt like i was going to puke!

IF you have it, it doesn't mean you will throw up, the 3 times i had it, i dry heaved for many many many hours and spent an awful lot of time on the toilet. I felt awful, but i felt even worse the day after when i had the headache, fever and body aches.

Sip water...regulary. You need to keep your fluids up, even if you don't throw up.

Have you got stomach ache/runs?

x

Ireni
19-12-08, 09:47
I do have stomach ache & it came on suddenly about 1 1/2 hours ago. I don't have any...umm...bowel related problems...well not yet anyway.

belle
19-12-08, 09:59
Generally, its pretty much instant (the puking/runs!) when you have Norovirus.

Ireni
19-12-08, 10:08
Do you think worrying about catching the norovirus could actually cause these symptoms? In the past I have been worried about certain illnesses and developed similar symptoms. I hope I'm not going to be sick. :(

belle
19-12-08, 10:14
Absolutely!!!!!!!!

In the past, i've heard someone has a stomach virus, you can bet within hours i am also feeling sick.

Anxiety mimics our worst fears...

belle
19-12-08, 10:15
Could you eat something or would you be able to drink a cup of tea (for example)?

Ireni
19-12-08, 10:17
I don't really want to eat anything in case I'm sick, but I can drink water as long as I don't gulp it!

Thanks for replying, by the way. xx

belle
19-12-08, 10:23
COULD you eat? (not, do you want to, i understand you being scared in case you puke)

Ireni
19-12-08, 10:30
Oh, sorry. I didn't get what you were asking. No, I don't think I could eat even if I wanted to.

belle
19-12-08, 10:42
I really don't think you have it. I am just going on how i felt, and i couldn't move, watch television, talk, do anything. So, the fact you are typing at a keyboard is a GOOD sign :)

One time i had it, and it came on and i was in the bath. I had to somehow crawl out and i lay on the bathroom floor for the next 5 hours - i didn't move.

x

Ireni
19-12-08, 10:58
That sounds very bad. :( Poor you! You must've been so relieved when it finally ended. How did you cope with that?

I'm going to log off and do something to try and distract myself now. Listening to music sometimes helps.

Thanks

xx

belle
19-12-08, 20:51
How are you?

I coped, because i had to. What else can you do?...lol

Ireni
21-12-08, 03:19
Well I haven't been sick, so I'm guessing it's not what I thought it was. I feel silly now.

Lol...I suppose you're right. You don't have much choice when you're ill.

xx