PDA

View Full Version : Bleak Future...

PhoenixGrey
20-12-08, 14:53
Right... I have started writing this post at least 8 or 9 times now, this time I WILL go through with it.

I feel like a muppet writing this down, and I feel even more ridiculous saying this but I need reassurance.

My health anxiety started over an actual worry over some symptoms I had - but that all cleared up - tests blah blah blah, everything sorted.

Since then I've been treated for depression and put on fluoxetine, and I was improving so much, but over the last few days Ive had oral thrush - one of the things that created the first doctors appointment, except this time it's lasted much longer, and i keep getting mouth ulcers. I can't stop myself worrying that I have diabetes (i have been getting up for the toilet every night for the last fortnight). Then the panic about diabetes subsides and I relax - even if I have diabetes it's something I can control right?!

Then I completely go back to my worrying about the future, about dying really early from some form of cancer, then comes the guilt about the worrying - if i'm worrying i'm not enjoying my life and then what if i do die early, ive wasted so much time worrying about it! I hate this circle! I know this has turned into a meaningless rant, but I'm seeing if anyone else gets this, if its not one thing its something else.

I worry about the future all the time, and with christmas I want the worry to be gone, then i just panic about new year - another year gone, what have i acheived and look at the time i've lost! I hate it! :weep: I lost lots of weight when this started, made me really happy, but now ive started eating non-stop. This isn't helped by the holidays - having nothing scheduled to do gives me time to think!

PS. Really sorry about the long long long post but I had to write it down.

girlrock
20-12-08, 20:32
Hi Laura,

I know oral thrush can be sooo frustrating and scary but try not worry, hun. I had my doc's telling me mine was caused by all kinds of scary things...and the whole time I knew in my heart that it was stress because I only seemed to get it when I was stressed. But of course I let my mind and Googling get the best of me. But guess what...finally got all the bloodwork they were bugging me for and everything came back negative. So I said, "Why do I get thrush then?" And the doctor said, "I don't know why you get thrush." Stress? Must be if there is nothing else wrong. I did find out I had a mold allergy though too from the blood work so I did some research on that and found out that can contribute to thrush too. But please try not to worry. If you want, why don't ask the doc for a full bloodwork of everything that could cause thrush(that's what I did). You'll see that you are fine and its really just the stress messing with your immune system.

I'm convinced that I have diabetes too but I've been tested now like 3 or 4 times even just last week. Negative everytime. My sugar also drops and I get shaky when I'm hungry but people say that doesn't necessarily mean diabetes...just maybe a little hypoglycemic. Anyway....if you did have diabetes(which you don't!) its really a manageable disease. So just try to tell yourself that. That's how I got myself through the week before my blood came back...that no matter what it was gonna show...I could handle it. I was sure there was some underlying cause of my thrush but alas...there wasn't!

Hope I could help you out a bit from a fellow thrush sufferer. If you need any more reassurance or info don't hesitate to ask. Take care!! :bighug1:

LeeBee
20-12-08, 20:56
I thought I might have diabetes earlier this year when going through a bout of anxiety and a viral infection. I'd lost weight quite quickly, was going to the loo all the time, thirsty, shaky and suddenly hungry at times, especially first thing in the morning. I had a blood test which was negative. My doctor pointed out that all of my symptoms could be attributed to anxiety and recovering from my virus. Once she said that I could see it. It helped to have a look through the Symptoms page on this site.

When you're anxious you burn through a lot of energy so try to eat things that will give you energy for a long time like porridge for breakfast, plenty of fresh veg and protein. That way you'll be less likely to get blood sugar crashes that make you go for sugary things that will pick you up briefly but that will leave you hungry and shaky again soon after. Good luck and don't worry - you're definitely not alone in this - the "if not one thing than another" thing is something that many of us with HA share with you.

marlou
20-12-08, 21:39
I know exactly how you feel, I'm new but this forum seems to be filled with people like me, and this time of the year is the worst for us, If I have no sympyoms I look for them, especially previous to a happy event