PDA

View Full Version : Anyone just feeling generally ROTTEN?

dorabella
20-12-08, 17:26
I've been feeling rather below par since the beginning of December - nothing I can specifically put my finger on - tired half the time, spells of yawning, headaches, neck ache and generally muscular aches and irritating pains here there any everywhere.

Also feeling mild panic from time to time with touches of depression. Hate it when the days are dark and gloomy and make me feel as if there is a heavy weight on my head. The thought of Christmas and all the associated guff that goes with it has been getting to me since 1st of December - I feel nauseous and anxious at the thought of it. Last year I was physically sick on the way to see my parents and had to turn back home. I spent Christmas on my own - this didn't bother me actually - but I don't want to feel that again this year and let people down.

Just wondering if anyone else feels this way at this time of the year?

HeatherMc
21-12-08, 09:46
:hugs:Hi Dorabelle

I hate Christmas with a vengence I was fine when my kids were little, but lately I find the whole thing really stressful I have been off sick for three months this year so I have had more time to organise myself - when I have been feeling able to. Its a nightmare all the shopping cookingw cleaning etc I think we put ourselves under far too much pressure the TV practically urges us to be perfect and when people are working with families its damn hard, I mean who has the time to handmake bloomin decorations and cookies I think we all need to relax more about Christmas and free from the stress of these bloomin celebs whom are urging everything to be perfect also there is the added stress of families being together and everyone having a jolly time - why for the love of god should we be having be have a prefect holiday season with people whom we don't get on with all year around its crazy.

We all need to realise that everything is not perfect and if you want to stay in with your partner or immediate family or even your pets and eat egg and chips thats ok and if you feel ok doing it don't be worrying about what other people think that you should be doing.

I have been feeling a bit down because I am ill this year and people have been putting me under pressure to get better for Christmas,o I will cook lunch for me and my kids and just take the day as it comes.

Hope this helps somewhat

Heather