PDA

View Full Version : anyone else do this???

marlou
20-12-08, 21:43
if I have no actual symptoms previous to a happy time I look for them obsesively, ie, shortly before a holiday/xmas or a treat I'll search for breast lumps armpit/groin lumps then convince myself I've found somthing

girlrock
20-12-08, 22:20
Mar,

Can't say that I do...my symptoms are usually just random. This will be my first anxious Christmas...and my health worries are even gone...the regular anxiety is remaining from being so stressed out for 2 months, though. I think KNOWING that I'm so anxious so close to Christmas is making me more anxious. If you know what I mean?

I think I tend to find my lumps, bumps, symptoms when I'm the least busiest. Actually I believe that's why this whole thing came upon me recently because I graduated college in May and didn't find a job so I'm kind of sitting around doing nothing all day. Took 2 night classes but once a week doesn't get your mind off of things.

But at least we can both see what triggers our symptom frenzy. I'm trying to find things to keep myself busy(like posting on this forum). Also, I'm trying not to Google....been Google free for about 5 or 6 days now. I'm doing it by either just telling myself, "NO!" or logging onto here when I get the urge. So maybe you could try that too? Tell yourself that you are absolutely not going to search for lumps or think about symptoms when a happy time is coming. When you feel the hand going toward your breast or your neck just say, "NO!" Like a slap on the wrist to yourself.

Good luck to you!

ciaralouise15
21-12-08, 02:00
you feel like theres no way on earth things could go smoothly for once and that u could have a good time and nothing b wrong with you. probarbly due to a bad experience in the past. you have a bad outlook on life like all of us in a way. we cant except that life can b easy once in a while. you may suffer more from depression which gives u anxiety. focus on what is right with you at these times and not on what could be wrong.

skye
22-12-08, 14:36
Yup i do this too, its like i cant just "be." i always have to give myself something to worry about. And instead of enjoying my birthday or Xmas i spend the days running up to it worrying about something.

marlou
22-12-08, 23:46
Yup i do this too, its like i cant just "be." i always have to give myself something to worry about. And instead of enjoying my birthday or Xmas i spend the days running up to it worrying about something.
thanks Skye, glad am not on my own !!

StandFree1903
23-12-08, 00:25
I do it aswell.....

I keep cheking for something that wasnt there an hour ago.....

im worse when it comes to holidays away from home (abroad or in uk), and when family come down from the north of scotland.

was in wales at the beginnin of the month and i was checking everything. even my hair as its been thinning.

xxxx

marlou
23-12-08, 00:31
I do that we went to majorca last year before my marriage broke down, I fought with myself constantly not to check for things as I knew they couldnt be checked out!! it ruined my bloody holiday anyway!!!