PDA

View Full Version : New here with Palpitations, help

Boos Mum
21-12-08, 21:25
I'm here really because of my husband, he thinks I worry too much :huh:

I'm 30, 10 years ago out the blue I had sinus tach, they gave me a beta blocker and I was pretty good until last Dec. I even enjoyed a latte habit :winks:

It was the day after a shot to induce ovulation out the blue a SVT came one, along with dizziness etc. Went to A&E/ER and they didn't know why. The next month I had sinus tach or a SVT almost daily, I also had low BP, but hey I was newly pregnant and you know, hormones :huh:

Things didn't improve, didn't help I was puking my guts out too of course. After about 20 weeks my resting heart rate stayed over 100, sometimes 130. After many A&E/ER trips later, holter monitors (only picked up tachs never a SVT of course) they induced me.

After the baby I felt very very weak, again, I was tachy but also brady too 40-170 was normal for me.

Now it's been 4 months since having my DD, almost daily I wake up with either sinus tach or an SVT, I have a pulse ox thing so I know how fast I'm going, I get shakey after, like a seziure, it scares the crap out of me, I sweat.

Hubbie thinks I worry therefor I get more of them, cardiologist is useless. I'm still on the beta blocker.

It is runing my life, when it happens I can't nurse the baby, I am scared of dying. And I'm not sure if it is my heart or my heart being a tad wonky but worrying taking it over the top.

2 strange things...

I also developed a fear of meds, pills, new foods, creams that I may be allergic

and when I get these "attacks" I often have to run to the loo.

Anyone able to relate? I just feel alone.

I posted in 2 areas, hope that is OK, not sure what is busier here :unsure:

Grayw
21-12-08, 22:38
I have had similer symptoms myself in the past and i know it is really distresssing,i was also put on beta blockers,it was worse at night and i used to get a lot of sleep disturbances and sleep paralasis and horrible nightmares.Since october i started having bad chest and stomach pain attacks regularly also gastric ,my ecg's checked out ok on numerous occasions but,my doctor has been rubbish as usual.Like you i associate certain foods and things with these attacks and i did avoid them but,it's probably nothing to do with any of them.When we most need them these people let us down,i'm sure you will find plenty of support here and advice and i hope your condition improves ,Gray

LeeBee
22-12-08, 07:38
Hi Boos, sorry you're having a rough time right now. Have any of the doctors you've seen suggested any possible cause to the tachycardia? I guess they haven't found a mechanical or electrical problem with your heart but perhaps it could be related to your MS? I did a quick Google and some sites for people with MS and medical studies suggest that there may be a link between cardio vascular issues (brady and tachy) and MS. Maybe check with your doc and see what he/she says?

Having your heart do anything other than beat in a nice, steady rhythm 24/7 is disturbing. I get palpitations and ectopic beats and it still freaks me out even though I know they are harmless. Plenty of potassium-rich foods (e.g. bananas and avocados), no caffeine and not too much booze help me, and not getting anxious, of course :winks:. But given your existing medical condition, you might want to get some further advice on this from your doctor. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

bab
22-12-08, 14:54
Hi Boos mum

I also have a fear of pills, creams , lotions etc in case im allergic x

cazzmatazz
02-01-09, 12:23
Hi,

I have SVT and the doc sais that it is caused from an extra pathway in my heart which makes the bood flow the wrong way. Apparently an ectopic can set it off then it races up to 210bpm. I am on Beta blockers which stops the heart from racing too fast but it is still very scary.

My doc has sent me to the cardiologist who has suggested I have an operation on my heart to block this extra pathway. Apparently it is an in and out in a day' job where they stick a wire up your leg and burn the pathway to block it therefore stopping the SVT FOREVER!!!! which therefore means no betablockers!!!!!! Very excited about this (although have to be awake for it)

Maybe you could suggest this?

Boos Mum
02-01-09, 23:02
they suggested this but you can die from it :(

scares the hell out of me

fisher
04-01-09, 20:59
hiya everyone, i was diagnosed with ectopic heartbeats 7yrs ago, they do scare me, i started with anxiety 6yrs ago and my fear was and is the constant feeling of my heart beating and when it goes fast i panic, i find when i have been drinking alcohol the next day i get really bad palpitations, i went out new years eve, when i got up the next day as soon as i was walking around i could feel my heart beating really fast really bad palpitations so i started to get scared i got into my car to try and ignore thembut i was tuned into my heart so i couldnt stop thinking i will end up in a+e and they wont be able to slow my heart rate down so it went even faster because i was panicking, it did eventually slow down hours later but i want to know why i get palpitations when i have been drinking, does anybody else? would love to here your opinion x