PDA

View Full Version : H all, I'm new here...

Nat84
21-12-08, 23:11
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. I'm 24, married, have a son and I suffer from anxiety.

It all began after my daughter was stillborn a few years ago. Since then I worry about everything. Every little ache and pain, I worry about my family and, basically, the future in general. Life gets miserable sometimes, it's sometimes impossible to put on a brave face and go into work, pretending like everything is ok. I wish there was a miracle cure for this worry. I'm so glad there are lovely people like yourselves on this website who understand. I feel like most of my friends would completely dis own me if they knew what I was like behind closed doors. I wish I could wake up one morning without a care in the world, but from the minute I open my eyes, I am worrying about something.

I go to the drs about aches and pains and I've been told they are all anxiety related. Makes me feel such a failure that I keep going back for reassurance.

I have just recently been offered my dream job, except my anxiety has come back so badly. I need an occ health appointment and I'm sure they will pick up on my anxiety problem, even though I try to hide it. I have worked so hard to get this job, I don't want to lose it before I've even started it.

Thanks for listening, i hope to speak to you all soon.

Nat x

morganbird
21-12-08, 23:27
Hi Nat!
I am 28 yrs old and feel exactly the same as you do!
Its such a horrible sad feeling! I have been told to try hypnosis so maybe you could give it a try?
They reckon after 1 session you come out feeling a bit better but it does take a few sessions for it to really help!
Good luck with the new job and be strong
Stacey

Patty
22-12-08, 10:41
Hi Nat, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :hugs:

Utility
22-12-08, 23:57
Hi

Don't feel as though it is sign of failure if you go to the doctor's for reassurance over aches and pains. Reassurance is all part of the treatment when it comes to anxiety and no doctor will ever dismiss you for that.

sunshine-lady
23-12-08, 21:45
Hi

:welcome: to NMP. So sorry to hear about your baby girl. Good luck with the job.

I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too:biggrin: