PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline / amitriptaline

lisa-lane
22-12-08, 13:19
Anyone help?
I was taking citalopram for the first 6mths of this year for anx & dep. They helped, but come summer time I felt I no longer needed them - so I quit cold turkey.
After about 6 weeks my anx & dep came back.

My GP prescribed amitriptaline - but I read the leaflet and decided not to take them. I tried to ride it out without taking anything.

Then a month ago it got too much for me and I was forced to see my GP again. This time she has given me Sertraline. I have tried these for 4 weeks and they do not help at all.

My question is: Can I switch back to Citalopram straight from Sertaline?
Or could I switch straight to amitriptaline from Sertaline?

I still have a full pack of Citalopram and one of amitriptaline. I can't get an appointment with my GP till after xmas. But I need to get through the the holidays somehow, and Sertraline is not doing it for me.

Mazza12
02-01-09, 21:50
Hi Lisa!
All I can say is give Sertaline a chance!
I changed to this from Citalopram a while a go now and it works better for me. As with all meds it takes a while to get into you system and i did feel worse to start with.
I hate taking any medication to start with so mixing medication seems a no no to me. Please wait and ask your doctor before doing anything.
My pain attacks or not as bad as they were, I just get a fast pulse and dizzy spells especially walking up in the morning.
My problem was more with the adrenaline rushes they terrify me and I'm still terrified on getting them.
If you need any support please feel free to contact me.
Hope you feel better and hope 2009 is the start of a good recovery for you!
Take care, Marie.