PDA

View Full Version : It's going well....

dizzyd
28-06-05, 17:40
Hi Everyone,
Just thought I would let you all know that I haven't disappeared off the face of the Earth! Life seems to be less of a struggle lately. Slowly but surely I am re-gaining ground. I can now walk to school (1 mile) with my son, be alone in the house, go shopping (local) and today get in a lift by myself. I can even go out without my mobile! I am also at ease at work (school). Over the last few weeks I have been asked to cover a year one class on many an occasion - and I have done it successfully. (Easy to do when you love children!) So - all is well at the moment.
The latest addition to our family - a VW Beetle [Yeah!] - has been very liberating I feel I could drive any-where in him ( his name is Billy! [8D]) - (My husband said he was a very expensive cure to my driving alone phobia, but worth it for the freeedom I have gained from him, have been to local garden centre and stocked up on Summer baskets etc!) I am still on Cipralex 10mg but I reckon thats OK as long as I continue to have a positive attitude and sensible reasoning then this new attitude will become a learned behaviour and when my GP thinks the time is right I will start to come off them.
If I get a flutter or heavy thump in my chest, I no longer reach for my pulse but think ' you have had this before and you were ok - all is well. ' If I feel dizzy I think - 'I have never fainted in 6 years when I have felt dizzy and I won't now.'
I don't believe I will never have another panic, but I do believe that if I keep it in proportion my panics will not get the better of me again.
I LOVE FREEDOM - FREEDOM TO BE ALONE, FREEDOM TO RELAX, FREEDOM TO TRAVEL and FREEDOM TO BE ME !!!!
Love and God Bless
Dawn x

Meg
28-06-05, 17:46
Dawn ,

What lovely news today . Thanks you for letting us know you're doing so very well from where you were when you first joined us...

Many congratulations on all of your hard work in order to acheive it !!

Yes, it is totally fine to remain on the Cipralex until you and your doctor agree Now is the time you're ready to come off - be that in in a few or many months.

Just ensure you come off them slowly please.

Keep it all going Dawn and know that I am very proud of your achievements.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

carlin
28-06-05, 18:57
Hi Dawn
wow!!!!!!!!!!! what a fantastic post, so positive, so true and an inspiration to us all, thank you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pinkscrumpy
28-06-05, 19:06
well done Dawn.

Great for you. A big pat on the back.

Got to admit I think a VW Golf GTI convertible would do the trick for me. But I don't think hubby will go that far yet. I'll just have to keep dreaming. LOL

Love

MANDIE XX

Karen
28-06-05, 19:36
Great to hear all you hard work and determination is paying off and you are doing so well Dawn. Well done.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

seh1980
28-06-05, 21:28
Great news Dawn!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

nomorepanic
28-06-05, 21:33
Dawn

What great news to read.

A BIG well done to you all round!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

pips
28-06-05, 21:50
That's such good news Dawn WELL DONE YOU what a great sucess! Keep up the good work hun.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X