PDA

View Full Version : Globus Hystericus ??

lucy030188
22-12-08, 16:38
Hey...I've read about this but im not sure if its what i have?!?

I dont feel like im going to choke but ive got this odd feeling in my throat.....like theres catarah there (a bit like when u have a cold)...and I have this feeling like I need to swallow all the time.

Sometimes i gag because it definitely gets worse when im anxious or worrying about something!

Its not painful or anything....but i suppose it is quite tiresome and very annoying! The only time it stops is when I'm asleep or when im eating!

Anyone know ofanything i can take to prevent it? or know how I can stop it?

Thanks xxxx

Eddy
26-12-08, 00:20
Hi lucy030188,

I've had globus for coming up to 3 years now, it can range from what you describe, up to pain and discomfort. when my anxiety is high I'm always swallowing and on the verge of gagging. But it always subsides... globus is a catch 22 situation, the more you think about it the worse it gets.

Whenever things are going well I don't notice my throat, and that reasures me that it was me controling this symptom.

James

aliciapanic
26-12-08, 22:45
hi, i have had this same feeling for about 3 weeks now, thick mucous in the back of throat and sometimes just no mucous but just cant swallow...it makes me not want to eat or drink anything. also i noticed that when I am busy or drink wine i dont feel that way....so i think it is anxiety and i am just focusing on it and it makes it worse!!! i cant stand it! i just want to feel normal!~!! please help with ur expieriences

connie1985
28-12-08, 02:16
i had the same thing and still do but i can deal with it now, it used to make me gag but since i have been to hypnotherapy it hasnt happened! i wasnt eating coz i felt sick all the time with it too, the more i worried about it the worse it got, i dropped to 6stone but am now putting it on slowly. just let it happen, dont fight it... it will go away! i just think that its my bodys way of telling me to sit down and chill out, watch tv or read a book or something! hope this helps! your defo not alone and your symptoms are EXACTLY like mine were!

aliciapanic
28-12-08, 20:24
Thank U So Much Connie! I Actually Went To The Doctor And He Put Me On A Xanax Release Pill That U Take Everyday So That U Always Have A Little Bit In Ur Body And So Far It Has Been 2 Days And I Feel About 98% Better...so It Definitely Is Anxiety Which I Have Suffered From All Of My Life. I Hate Feeling Like I Am Dying From Something Different Everyweek Or That Some Other Jealth Issue Takes Over My Body, But I Think Now I Am On The Right Track :)