PDA

View Full Version : should i keep taking the medication

mili
28-06-05, 19:36
Isaid the other day i was trying to cut down on my medication but today i have had a lousy day,stressed out at work all day.but i still managed to do my job,should i carry on taking the full dosage or still try cutting them down.i am supposed to take 2 diazepam aday and 1 proponol 4 times a day.i am also taking 1 omega 3 oil tablet a day plus a tablet for the cramping in my diverticular disease.any answers or should i go back to see the doctor but they are not very helpfull. [8D]

l.m.bell

Meg
28-06-05, 19:44
Wait and see on your current dose how the next few days go ..

It might have been genuine stress from work and unaffected by the tablet intake.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

vernon
28-06-05, 22:56
Hi Mili, Whst dosage of vallium are you on? vallium are difficult to come of as if you have been taking them for a while they are addictive. take care.

mili
29-06-05, 12:29
[8D]hi there i am on diazepam 2mg and take 2 a day in 4 halves as needed also propranolol10mg 1 four times a day.also i cramping tablet for diverticular disease.but i feel shaky and afraid to talk to people in the shop were i work will it ever get better.i am so cheesed off with it all.

l.m.bell

vernon
29-06-05, 12:39
hi Milli, that dont seem to much but better when i can to try and miss dosses of vallium to stop and chance of addiction. Its hard but you will feeel better if you learn to cope without them. I am not saying stop taking vallium full stop, but just try and use as a real emergency. take Care, vernon

Cookie
29-06-05, 17:13
Hi Mili,
I can't really give you any advice on the diazepam I'm afraid. However I do take propanalol 3 times a day, 40mg per tablet.
I was very shaky and tired(sooooo tired), when I first started taking these, but in retrospect they have been a life saver.
I'd recommend that you keep on taking the propanalol as you're only on a low dose. It can help immensely with anxiety. Its enabled me to feel a lot calmer in stressful situations.
I still get stressed and anxious at times, but then again so does every 'normal' person!
Persevere with them a while longer as it can take time for things to kick in and start working properly.
Hope you're doing ok and keep us updated!

Shell.x:D

mili
07-07-05, 21:01
[8D]today i have been for my first session of hypnotherapy,i felt fantastic while i was under hypnosis but now i am home i wonder if it will work i now know its power of the mind ,but can it really work i now have the power to tell myself some of the things he said to me while i was in trance like to tell myself i am confident and relaxed but i dont know if it will help in my days at work,ihad a lousy day again today as if i was there but in someone elses body, is it part of the anxiety or is it the medication,when is the best times to take my medication before or after food.do the beta blockers stop the anxiety as fast as the diaxepam.or should i be taking them at the same time or seperatly.

l.m.bell