PDA

View Full Version : A Fear of the Weather!

Deeko
28-06-05, 19:55
Hi Everyone, I have a fear of the weather! i was wondering how common this is, does anyone hear have this fear? Mine concerns all types like heat-waves, heavy rain, wind, flooding, im having a bad time of it just lately because there alot of programs on ITV with the headline 'Could the weather be the UK's worst nightmare!' now, am i the only one who getting terrified about all this, or is it the ITV's job to over exaggerate the situation and cause me more anxiety!

Take Care Dee.

carlin
28-06-05, 20:33
Hi Deeko,
I think you hit the nail on the head, yes it is the t.v's job to grab a headline and try to scare us to death! shows what a good job they do, there really is nothing we can do to change the weather, but we can change our feelings towards it, when it's nice weather, if you can, enjoy, when things get stormy, settle down, make sure everything ok and read a book, it will pass eventually. If this type of programme upsets you, switch off, put some soothing music on/read/take a bath, there are many types of these programmes, worst neighbours, worst families,they show the very few and far between, it probably won't happen, try not to worry too much, easier said than done. take care and please keep in touch.

Deeko
28-06-05, 21:23
Hi, Ho NO! thunderstorm has just arrived in Nottingham! my anxiety is getting higher and its only just stared! ive just taken a Diazepam and will take a sleeping tab later. God the Biggest lighting and thundr has just hit very near, are god this is bad, gunna take sleepng tab now.im s**ting my self

Take Care Dee.

seh1980
28-06-05, 21:29
I love storms - it's this muggyness I hate..[No]

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

nomorepanic
28-06-05, 21:30
Dee

I used to be scared of thunderstorms but I think it was just heightened anxiety as I now sleep through them.

I think I was over-sensitive to everything and so they used to terrify me. It went in time and now I don't mind them atall.

Hope you are ok.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Deeko
28-06-05, 21:56
ar Man the rain is very heavy thunder is blastingly loud bolts of lighting must be hitting places very near, the road is begining to flood, everthing is so loud even the rain, im really scard now

Take Care Dee.

Meg
28-06-05, 22:01
Dee, I'm in the same storm as you and we've been up on the top floor watching it rumble around . Its beautiful.

Its sheet lightening so not coming down to earth at all- staying high horizontally across the sky.

No worries apart from flash floods. Mind you if it floods just where I live we're in a Noah situation.

I have unplugged all non essential electrical stuff though.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

pips
28-06-05, 22:02
Hi Dee,

Hope you coped through the storm hun. It can get scary huh.

NO PANIC do a CD on storms etc called Weather Sound Effects to try and help you overcome your phobia.

Here is the link for you http://www.nopanic.org.uk/menu.htm if you just click on catalogues and then scroll down you will see it in there.

Hope this helps you.;)

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Deeko
28-06-05, 22:27
Diazepan is kicking thank god, i thought my 3 year old had fell asleep on the sofa, when i checked him is wasnt asleep he had is head down and was shaking, i picked him up and he was terrified crying because of the noise of the thunder, poo little mite was more scard than me, his das as calmed him down and weev put the telly on cartoons really lound, by the way we have cable tv so its not connected to an aerial.
Thanx for all ur support through this, its hailing now.

Take Care Dee.

Deeko
29-06-05, 14:41
Hi, Guyz, Just like to say thanx for last night, just spluttering out what was happening last night helped, and knowing someone was listeng to me was very helpfull. But that was the worst thunderstorm ive ever seen/heard, I did used like them, but i knew las nights was gunna be a big one.
Anyway thanx again. Dee.

Take Care Dee.

shybabyboo
02-07-05, 08:49
i have the same fear! i think i had mentioned this in another post but i cant remember. but i used to love storms, id sit for hours watching them, but now i hate them. not too long ago we had a storm here and the lights went out and there was a huge flash of lightning really close to us. i started panicking* and crying whiles my mom tried to get me to stop shaking. after it was all over with i laughed about it a bit, dont know why but it helped calm me down a bit. the next day we went outback and had seen that the flash of lightning from the night before had hit the tree right next to our house. i also tend to watch the weather channel 'ALOT' when it storms (even if its just raining) but i think that the reason why i am a bit more jumpy than before is cause the past few years there have been more severe weather where i live than ever before, so thats another reason why i get scared.

well, i hope for the best for you and hope you can overcome your fear. if you'd like you can PM me anytime, since we have the same kind of fear :) oh and sorry if my post was a bit long, i tend to write alot for some reason [8)]

Deeko
04-07-05, 17:46
Hi shybabyboo, Its not nice to be afraid of the weather! but its nice to know im not the only one! i too watch the wheather forcast alot so i can prepair my self for what it gunna through at me, but having said that, maybe i watch it too much, i dont know if im making my self worse by watching it all the time! what do you think?

Take Care Dee.

Donna
04-07-05, 20:34
Deeko,

Just thought i would let you know that i too am afraid of the weather, i do get quite anxious at times!

Take care
Donna x

ps. i really like your screen name :D

Deeko
05-07-05, 12:48
Hi Donna, Hay another one! going on my hols soon hope the weather is just right! not tooooo hot or stormy though i may asking alot from the weather man lol. Glad you like my user name, my names Dee and added Ko as i was influenced by the film Donnie Darko! one of my best films. Ttfn Deeko [8D]

Take Care Dee.

zena
05-07-05, 12:58
Hi Deeko,

Just like you can't stand storms, but, am sorting myself out to get out of it.
I tend to watch the lighting now and am getting quite good now. It's real pretty where I live especially when you see it at the top of the valley, really lights the hills up. It's the thunder I don't like, but, hay never mind. Have to take it in my stride.

Try not to take to much notice of the weatherman...they can be wrong you know, then you would have made yourself panic for no reason.

Take care honey

with good wishes

Zena

Deeko
05-07-05, 15:03
Welcome on board my boat! least theres a few of us when the boat goes down (so to speek). Ye i think it helps watching the lightening and it is the thunder thats the scary part, yet the thunder doesnt actualy cause any harm, its just the loudness of it i guess. All the best.[8D]

Take Care Dee.