PDA

View Full Version : Scared of being ill

StandFree1903
22-12-08, 23:30
Hi,

im 23 years old and very scared that i am going to get lukemia.

this may be as i am named after my mums cousin who died of it aged 6. It scares me alot, as when i feel different i start to worry its that.....

i havent told anyone as at the minute i feel that no one will listen and they say its all in my head which is mainly true but i cant stop thinking it.

Another thing is that i have recently been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia, and i worry tht i will never get rid of it. and also i dont know all the answers to the questions tht i have asked (my gp and consultant). also i have been getting reacurring urine infections, last year my granny was addmitted to hospital with this only to die on boxing day (very suddenly) due to complications of it and i an scared that i will be like her.

Im no always worrying. but i would like me to be the old person tht i was n didnt care about not being ill.

please help!.

laineylouise
23-12-08, 00:01
My my if only i could help you :(

I don't think there's any answers to this but i will do my best!

Well, for leukemia, you're not six years old anymore :) .

If it will make you feel any better, get a blood test, that shows EVERYTHING.

Your doctor isn't just there to make sure you're ok, you can talk to them about anything that is putting alot of stress on you, which this seems to be doing. I'd tell your GP how you're feeling. Tell your GP how much it is worrying you and playing on your mind, and maybe they can run some tests on you to make sure it's not in your genes like it was your couins and your grans?

I hope i've helped you, i really wanted to, but i don't think i have :weep:

If it hasn't, have a cuddle :hugs:

Lainey xx

marlou
23-12-08, 00:07
Hi, I have had the same fear, many times, but can I say that my doctor explained to me that childhood leukemia is completely unrelated and totally different to the adult strain, and I have never heard of leukemia being genetically linked as with breast/ovary cancer etc, please dont worry, you would have very very obvious symptoms