PDA

View Full Version : so anxious

tigger1964
23-12-08, 07:18
Hi,

i have wrote a few posts on my anxiety and im about to write another, cos im so stressed out again. I have been awake since 4.17 am and i couldnt get back to sleep, previous nite was the same, im so tired and and fed up im more fed up with me than anything else. Todays panic started with a dry mouth, which the made me think my tounge was swollen and the made my stomach churn so much that i now feel sick. I dont seem to be getting any better, infact the past few days worse. I am so obsessed with death this year because my father died 10 yrs ago yesterday and my nan on christmas eve years before, i wasnt close to any of them, but im now wondering if im next, its so destressing feeling like this, im so terrified that i am going to panic on christmas day and ruin it for everyone. I just feel like im spiraling out of control at the moment. I am in such a state at the moment i dont even know if im making any sense. I just feel like crying i feel like this hell is never going to end. sorry for ranting again, i feel so selfish, so ashamed and so scared, i dont know what to do anymore.

Veronica H
23-12-08, 08:50
Hi Sharon
Many of us are feeling increased anxiety with christmas coming up. I am staying away from home for three nights and of course don't want to make a fool of myself in front of everyone etc. The anticipation is always worse than the reality with this illness. I hope you feel better soon.:bighug1:

Veronica

MikeyT
23-12-08, 08:59
Yes I agree with the anticipation factor - I had a really bad time a couple of Christmas's ago and since Sunday I have woken with stomach spinning, dry mouth. I know its the anticipation, thinking that it may happen again.
I have better coping mechanisms in place now and on meds, but like everyone hate these feelings.
I work from Home and find it hard to concentrate and focus, also no appetite at the moment, the feelings are giving me a negative outlook on Christmas.
Mike