PDA

View Full Version : all i want for christmas

dawn rose
23-12-08, 10:11
is to get a day free of panic. this weeks run up ive seem to have gotten worse with my panicing is anybody else the same? i just want a day at peace with nyself to enjoy with my kids husband and close family, with no panic, no anxiety and no depression and the main one no illness.

MikeyT
23-12-08, 12:41
Hi Dawn

Yes exactly the same - had a bad episode two christmas's ago and my anxiety has kicked in again.
Its like groundhog day - we are doing the same thing as we did on that day, the last two years we have gone out for lunch.
So I am suffering anticipation anxiety, I am battling the thoughts that the same thing won't occur and other events two leading up to christmas two years ago are not the same.
It is worse for me in the morning.
I am doing my breathing exercises and relaxation techniques later in the day.
Bit of rescue remedy and camomile tea.
May try and go swimming tomorrow to help relax.
Yes so the same - all I want to for Christmas is no anxiety.
Good luck
Mike

peter_griffen
26-12-08, 15:22
im the same also at xmas, happy its over for another year!

Nechtan
27-12-08, 01:02
Yes I think a good few of us would love that. A bit of normality again to enjoy what before was just the usual routine.

Hi Dawn

Yes exactly the same - had a bad episode two christmas's ago and my anxiety has kicked in again.
Its like groundhog day - we are doing the same thing as we did on that day, the last two years we have gone out for lunch.
So I am suffering anticipation anxiety, I am battling the thoughts that the same thing won't occur and other events two leading up to christmas two years ago are not the same.
It is worse for me in the morning.
I am doing my breathing exercises and relaxation techniques later in the day.
Bit of rescue remedy and camomile tea.
May try and go swimming tomorrow to help relax.
Yes so the same - all I want to for Christmas is no anxiety.
Good luck
Mike

I'm worse in the morning too Mike. I seem to awake up in knot and full of anxiety. I have learnt to rise as soon as the eyes open otherwise I lie and torment myself. As the day goes on I seem to loosen up and although anxious still it is better in the evenings.

All the best

Nechtan