PDA

View Full Version : Anixety - Excerise and Meds

MikeyT
24-12-08, 08:54
Hi all

Feel quite anxious this morning, (usually worse at this time) as mentioned in my previous posts I have a problem at this time of your with anxiety more than any other time of year.
Anticipation of the thought of being anxious especially tomorrow, as the worst spell I have had in a number of years started on Christmas day and took me several weeks to recover from.
My questions are does any way exercise during anxiety, if you can manage to start. I joined a health club which has a swimming pool. I have been swimming two or three times a week, but was going to try today.
Also to take the edge off, if things get to much I still have some 2mg diazapam pills left and was thinking of using them - comments please.
Thanks
Mike

David Gamage
24-12-08, 09:51
feel the same i do alot of excerise always feel better after i do shaolin kung fu once a week also tai chi i find walking over park or lakes help also take care dave:yesyes:

Utility
24-12-08, 17:31
Hi

Well it's a small world, as they say! My anxiety started last Christmas as well and lasted most of the year until after using exercise, CBT, yoga and 2mg of Diazepam helped me get to grips with it. I still go to the gym and swimming about 2 to 3 times a week and it really helps. There are many times when I have had the usual anxiety feelings and go to the sports centre and after exercising it's gone. I still have the Diazepam as back up but have not had to use it in months. The yoga was so good at teaching me how to relax and focus my breathing correctly and this has now become second nature. When I do feel situations coming on I can get to grips with it.

Franz
24-12-08, 18:37
I try to go swimming at least 3 or 4 times a week and it definitely reduces my anxiety levels the next day. Haven't been for a couple of weeks because of illness and am feeling worse for it :(

MikeyT
26-12-08, 13:10
Hi Thanks for the replies

Hope everyones day yesterday was not to bad.

I went swimming on Christmas eve afternoon and then sat in the jakusi (spelling) for 15 minutes. Didn't feel so tense.
Yesterday was not too bad (would have been better without anx at all).
We had my dad round for lunch, my partner did a great job, but I find it difficult to eat when the anxiety is around (one way of loosing weight).
I felt the anxiety rising after lunch, because of the eating, so threw myself in the kitchen and sorted the washing up while my partner had a relax.
Did some breathing etc.
We then went out to see my sisters family and then my partners brothers family, even though their was 7 children in the house ages from 6 to 21 always feel quite calm there.
Went to bed at 10.30 (apart from Doctor Who wasn't christmas telly awful).
Good nights sleep.
Off to see more relo's this afternoon so more breathing, rescue rem to hand before we go. But my anx has decreased.
All the best
Mike