PDA

View Full Version : Christmas panic nearly over

Veronica H
24-12-08, 10:20
:) Hi everyone,
I wanted to wish everyone a good christmas, but also to reflect on what a life changing year this has been for me, and how much I owe to NMP and the support of the lovely people who post here. I have also started to recover thanks to the great Dr Weekes books and downloads discovered through NMP. (available from the NMP shop/proceeds to NMP). So from being unable to leave the house in July, I am now about to stay in someone elses house and to travel there in my arch nemesis...the car. I still have panic/anxiety but I know this demon much better than I did and much of the fear has been taken out of it. I also wanted to say that thanks to Billy Whizz (NMP member)charting his battle with panic/ agoraphobia on You tube I was able to visit the hairdressers, a real breakthrough. What struck me was that although he was describing his inner turmoil, he looked like any other person going about his day. I think we all worry that people will notice how we feel and make a fuss and then we will feel even worse.... thanks Billy.
:bighug1: A christmas hug to all, especially Nichola and the Mods who manage to be here at all hours for everyone, despite their own battles.

Happy new year everyone.

Veronica

Meltdown
24-12-08, 11:56
I second Veronica's good wishes for Christmas, and wish everybody a happy and successful new year in beating panic for good!

I have made great progress in 2008, largely due to reading "Self Help for your Nerves" by Claire Weekes, which for me is the first thing I have ever read which accurately describes how I got into this cycle of fear-adreneline-fear in the first place!

Also the CBT therapist I have been seeing through work has helped and supported throughout.

Finally, having the resource of NMP has been a useful safety net and sounding board, when things have been bad, or good.

Happy Chirstmas everyone!

orangeblossom
24-12-08, 13:52
What a fabulous message Veronica! Thank you for writing that - I am sure it will help a lot of us think more positively about the year we have all had and what we all want to achieve over the coming year!

I know that this website and forum has made such a huge difference to me and my life too - I now know that I am not alone in my fears/anxieties/panic attacks and that although they are scary, I can get through them - and so can we all!

Lots of Festive Wishes to you and everyone!

x x x