PDA

View Full Version : hi im a newby!!!

jouniversal
24-12-08, 17:50
hi all.. really glad to have had this site reccommended to me from a fellow sufferer. im 32 and in my final 4 months of my general adult nurse training-but am struggling with anxiety/panic attacks sooo bad. i have been prescribed citalopram this week from my gp. not really sure if this is helping yet, but after pretending for 12 months all is ok, i admitted defeat and sought help from my gp.i feel strangly more anxious since taking this medication can anyone tell me if this is common please...iv got to return to normal real soon, i have a 10 yr old son and a wonderful partner. i feel i have changed from an outgoing student who takes evrything in my stride to someone who is scared of my own shadow!! please any advise would be really appreciated...:winks:

sunshine-lady
25-12-08, 19:48
Hi

:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too:biggrin:

Patty
27-12-08, 03:13
Hi Jouniversal, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I think that it can take a few weeks before the medication may start to work. I know that when I first started medication I did feel even more 'strange' than usual for a while.

Best wishes xx :flowers:

spaced
27-12-08, 03:47
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP:)