PDA

View Full Version : panicky !!

sue447
29-06-05, 11:15
hi everyone,
im really panicky this morning, dont know why, im still waking up in the mornings bunged up, not my nose it feels like my chest, it wears off after a couple of hours, but i do feel panicky and its making my head funny, im hyperventilating a little, i feel really tired aswell, sorry to go on but im worried theres something wrong with my
lungs still can anyone try to reasure me please [again] please
thanks luv sue:(

laurenessex
29-06-05, 12:26
Why don't you phone nhs direct see if they can give you some advice?? don't worry sometimes panic does set in when something else is wrong....try and chill out and relax!

Peru83
29-06-05, 12:31
I would definatly agree, phone NHS 24, they can be really nice. I too had to phone them just last week because I took a panic attack in the middle of Asda (of all the places, eh, lol) and I was shaking couldn't catch my breath I got home and thought there really is something wrong with me. Anyways I gave them a phone and I got a really lovely nurse that just took a list of my symptoms and assured me that it was just a panic attack and she talked to me untill I calmed down. She really did help. Sometimes you just need the reasureance from someone who knows.

Hope you feel better soon.

claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

sue447
29-06-05, 12:44
hi thanks for replys,
i did go to see gp just over a week ago, he said my chest was clear, thats what i dont get, why does my chest feel bunged up when its clear, its worse in the mornings when i get up, if i had something wrong wouldnt i have it all day[?]
luv sue xx

Peru83
29-06-05, 12:53
Maybe it is just a symptom of the stress and anxiety, alot of people on here (and me) seem to be at the worst in the morning.

Do you snore? Not to be funny but my mum snores, it often sounds like a motorbike engine!lol. But she complains about her chest and throat first thing in the morning. Probably doesn't help that she is a smoker, not that she smokes alot, about 3 a day but doesn't help all the same.

Even try distraction, I was given that advice on here and you know what it can work. Today for example I got up feeling low but then I had a look about the house and realised that I had let things slide because of how I was feeling so I did a bit of cleaning. It wasn't until I sat down with the kids to have lunch that I thought wow I haven't felt bad yet (touch wood). I don't feel great, I still have the feeling of dp and dehydration but I'm feeling better.

Hope you begin to feel better too.

claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

Deeko
29-06-05, 14:27
Hi Sue, My anxiety is always worse in the morning too, also when ive woke up in the morning my chest hurts too, but only when ive been sleeping on my back, just feels like theres more pressure on my chest but its goes when i get up. if your GP says its clear most people would be satisfied with that, but if your an anxious person it may not convince you! it may be the anxiety that needs addressing. may be worth talking to your GP about your anxiety.

Take Care Dee.

Meg
29-06-05, 15:06
Sue ,

Is your bedroom stuffy or dry. Maybe try to hydrate yourself a bit more during the day and keep water by your bed to drink should you wake up.

Also try sleeping in different positions in case you're sleeping with your mouth open or something .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kairen
29-06-05, 15:44
Hi Sue

hope your feeling a bit better now,
my chest always felt tight when i first woke up, i do a lot of breathing exersizes at yoga and this has really helped relax my chest, and mind,
its all down to anxiety anything wrong and the doc, would have picked it up last week,

take care,

kairen x

Sue K with 5
29-06-05, 18:54
Hi Sue

I have had some problems since I had a fluey cold a few months ago, so I went to my GP last week after convincing myself I had lung cancer and it turns out I have whats called ( and dont laugh)

A Post Nasal Drip, ( after I picked myself up from the floor in fits if hysterics )

I said what the hell does that mean andwhats that got to do with my coughing and my breathing at night.

Well apparently your nose hs various tubes and what has happened is that my tubes do not do their job properly which means when I lay down or after I get up in the morning I get an awful cough and I sound really weasy where all the mucus from my nasal passages falls down my throat and leaves me very bunged up

I also had the dizzy symptoms as well with it, I now take a nasal spray.

Dont panic go and speak to your Gp and I am sure she will put your mind at rest

Pm if you need me

Sue with five children

scknight