PDA

View Full Version : really worried and getting really down someone please help!

jobear
24-12-08, 19:35
hey all,

ive been suffering really bad with anxiety sinse i had my baby just over 7 weeks ago, iv always been a worrier but sinse i fell pregnant its got worse.
i developed high bloodpreasure when i was pregnant,well.. as far as they and i know it wasnt something i had in the past because i was on the pill. i had scans on my kidneys and heart and there they were all fine.
sinse ive had my baby ive had so many panics.. 2 in which an ambulance was rang a few days after when i came home from hospital.
but everything seems to be getting worse.. my bloodpreasure has risen which im constantly worrying about it was round 94 at the bottom when i last checked and i know i shouldnt be looking my self because im just going to get worse! but ive been getting really short of breath so i went to my doctors and they listened in and said everythings fine and they did an ECG which they said was also fine, but ive been getting pains in my chest and pains in my arm and hand.
they also said i have ibs which im on tabs for.. but im stil getting pain in my stomache specially at the right side at the bottom. and it feels bloated and swelled under my rib on my left side. and sometimes pain on my right side under my rib, and i keep getting really bad indegestion.
i just dont beleive anything the doctors are telling me i think they just think its me being ott so there not taking me seriously.
but ive had loads of urine infections and none of them have cleared up with what theyve give me. and im getting pain in my sides. and the other night i couldnt wee!
i just think im guna have a heart attack or a stroke or ive got cancer.. ive just really had enough with it all. im on 13 tabs a day for things and ive got a new born to look after and i just cant concentrate because its on my mind 24/7.
ive also noticed in the corners of my eyes there going slightly yellow? whats this? is my bp doing this? and it feels as of my right eye is swelling up sometimes even though it is not visable.
i had a really bad pregnancy and i thought once id had her it would all go but its all got worse. i just dont know what to do anymore
is all this anxiety? or is there something wrong do you think?

would be so grateful for replys
thanx Jo x:unsure:

charsey
24-12-08, 21:36
Hi Jo,

I'm a new mum as well and although i had a good pregnancy, since having my little one my anxiety has gone through the roof. Its put a real strain on my relationship with my fiance and taken over my life. Ultimately you have to believe the doctors because if you don't it doesn't matter what test they do you will never believe them. My friend had a very bad pregnancy with high bp and was in hospital for a five weeks before her baby was born at 34 weeks, it took her body a good few MONTHS to get back to normal and for her blood pressure to go down, she was also addmitted to hospital and fainted five weeks after the birth and now her baby is 8 months and she's fine.
I'm at the doctors every week practically. I have let this anxiety take control and now i have to take the control back. I know this all sounds a bit cheesy but every time i start to think about the headaches, stomach upset, infection (which never cleared when the doctor gave my stuff either, just went away on its own after 3/4 months), the heart palpatations, sharp pains in my chest that i get on a daily basis i have to talk to myself and make myself think rationally.
My friend told me in no uncertain terms that i have to pull myself together i'm a mother now and not let the part of my brain that makes me fear things, in. I've got a baby and as much as i fear not being there for her in the future i have to enjoy this time with her now and letting myself think about the what if's is effecting me being the mum i want and know i can be. I know its hard and scary but ultimately only you can sort this out. There are so many mums on here and all of them suffer with similar things. I believe it is anxiety hun and you have to be strong against it for your own sanity and for your little baby girl. If you can get through a hellish pregnancy then you can get through this.
Good luck hun, take care and enjoy your little one. x x x

jobear
29-12-08, 15:25
heya, thanx for the reply
Its also took a strain on my relationship to, hes so supportive but im pushing him away.
the bit about your freind having the bp settled me to thanx! just had enough of all that now. constantly thinking its going up so i dont wana go out because i think if i do anything like that its guna go though the roof.
it doesnt sound cheesy at all, ive done the same.. ive been sat there trying to tell my self its all in my head and to carlm down.. doesnt always work though!
im al the doctors ALL the time atm it just seems to be taking over.
and thanx so much for the advice it made sense, i do have to think about the time i have now with her, i hope things settle for you soon to take care xxxx