PDA

View Full Version : last day :(

vernon
29-06-05, 18:20
Well yesterday after waking so scared taking a Vallium (2mg) it calmed me a bit as I haven’t taken any for so long but was left feeling tired weak and sick all day. Then this morning I woke 100 times more scared than yesterday, If I was to go today god knows how I would have got there I was even to dizzy to walk. So I took half an atavan this time, it calmed me a bit but like yesterday felt really sick again. At 4pm I couldn’t take anymore feeling sick and weak and tired so went lay on my bed and done relaxation tapes for an hour, but still felt sick. I really hope I will get there tomorrow as if I don’t I will never forgive myself. MEG is the feeling sick and week the tranx or the anxiety? Thanks all. Vernon

Meg
29-06-05, 18:26
It shouldn't be the valium/ ativan Vern . Did they affect you before like this ? I think you are right to just take half it if has an effect.

You are having a massive bout of anticipatory anxiety and feeling complete rubbish is part of that.. it will be better once you're able to take action like getting there . At hospital you can tell them and you can be prescribed something to help you manage the time you're there.

What time do you need to go in so I can be thinking of you ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

vernon
29-06-05, 18:43
thanks meg, 8am but have to phone at 7in case any emergencys have come in during the night. I feel a bit now like when i first stopped drinking alcohol and my anxiety and panic came back big time. at that stage i stayed in bed for days and always felt sick and weak. ut when i woke scared yesterday and today. I was realy shaking and weak but didnt realy get to feel sick until a couple of hours after the Vallium/ Atavan. I always did feel doped and out of sorts on tranx. dont know the worst feeling being tired weak and sick of put up with the fears and shaking, but I know this intence fear has to be the surgery but i cant pinpoint why I am afraid. thanks Vernon

bluesparkle
29-06-05, 18:49
hi vernon...
poor you... all the symptoms dont help at all when you have something big like this happening...no wonder you feel so rough...
you will get through it ... will be thinking of you and sending lots of positive vibes...
let us know how it goes...
take care
rach

Karen
29-06-05, 18:54
Good luck for tomorrow Vern. Will be thinking of you.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

seh1980
29-06-05, 18:57
Good luck Vern!! I'll be thinking of you hun. All the best :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

tattybear
29-06-05, 19:47
Vernon,

Will be thinking of you tomorrow and sedning you as many positive thoughts I can send!

I agree that it is Anticapatory Anxiety which is causing you to feel ill.

After tomorrow is over you will be able to move on from it...It will only be worse if you put it off again.

Wishing you loads of luck and love.

Tatty B xx

jill
29-06-05, 19:51
I will be thinking of you Vern.

GOOD LUCK.

Sending you a BIG HUG XXXXXXXXX

LOVE JILLXXXX

kairen
29-06-05, 20:00
Hi Vern

good luck for tmrw,

will be thinking of you, dont cancel, whatever you feel like now, you can get through it, then thats it over and done with, you wont have to worry about it again

take care big hug xxx

kairen x

mico
29-06-05, 20:47
Positive thoughts Vern.

Anticipatory anxiety is the worst. You may even find it subsides quite a lot by the time you get there though.

Just keep yourself positive and try to look forward to it rather than fearing it. Sure, there'll always be the fear, but changing the way you approach it helps a lot. Look for all the benefits. Once you're in and being seen to, then you should be ok, and the sedation will definately do the trick.

After that, all over and done with, no more worries. Look forward to it Vern.

mico

pinkscrumpy
29-06-05, 21:43
Good luck Vern.

Like all the others I will be thinking of you and sending hugs to help you through.

MANDIE XX

nomorepanic
29-06-05, 21:50
Good luck Vern!!

Go for it mate - we are all here thinking of you.

xxx

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Quirky
29-06-05, 22:36
I'll also be thinking of you tomorrow Vernon. Be brave, you can do it, then you'll never have to face this again and you may even see beter into the bargain. The hospital will look after you. Take care.
LJ

kate
29-06-05, 23:10
All the best for tomorrow, Vern.

Will be thinking of you.

Love Kate xxx

kairen
29-06-05, 23:18
Good luck vern hope every thing goes ok

kairen x

Meg
30-06-05, 05:37
Vern,

Thinking of you this morning ..... Big hug and lots of luck and positive vibes.

Please let us know how today goes for you.

Love

Meg

Karen
30-06-05, 07:04
Good luck for today Vern.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pinkscrumpy
30-06-05, 08:32
Good luck again for today Vern

MANDIE XX

jill
30-06-05, 08:46
THINKING OF YOU THIS MORNING VERN [:X]

LOVE JILLXXX

Quirky
30-06-05, 11:34
Thinking of you Vernon. Hope you managed to get to the hospital and that everything went well.
Let us know how it went.
LJ

pips
30-06-05, 12:33
Thinking of you Verny Good Luck Hun. I hope you manage to get there.

Lots of POSITVE vibes to you.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

seh1980
30-06-05, 12:42
Hope it went well today Vern!! Thinking of you hun :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

mico
30-06-05, 13:41
Well, no replies from Vern today, so I'm assuming he made it there.

In which case, well done Vern! Everyone knows it was a huge effort for you and you've shown a lot of courage.

Hope it all goes well.

mico

carlin
30-06-05, 13:56
Hugs and kisses to you vern xxxxxxx