PDA

View Full Version : New Guy With a Question

Toodles1980
26-12-08, 22:10
Hi all. My name is Todd and I just joined here. The thing that finally brought me here is that I have long suffered from anxiety, recently it hit a whole new level. I was recently engaged and now whenever she has to travel for work (2-3 times a year) I get vivid images of her dying in a plane crash. My Mind won't let me be happy because it's convinced that she will die on January 5th. I can't see my doctor because we're traveling right now. Anyone experience this and have advice? Thanks.

marie1974
26-12-08, 22:27
hi todd just wanted to say welcome to nmp and we are a great community here and u will find lots of support and advice and make friends too.

hugs and merry xmas xxxx

STEPHYUNO
27-12-08, 13:12
Hi Todd, my name is Stephen and I also struggle with such thoughts at time,usually close family members that I have these thoughts about, it seems it is just a symptom of anxiety that we dwell on worst case scenarios and think irrationally dark thoughts at times, perhaps if you get some help with your anxiety these will become less a problem.

I probably havn't been much help Todd, but at least you know you are not alone, though I know when we get these thoughts it feels that way, all the best, Stephen.

lorac
27-12-08, 14:25
Hi Todd

Welcome to the site I think you will find lots of people on here who will offer some good advice and support.

Take care

Carol