PDA

View Full Version : This is going to sound ridiculous but...

worryguy9
26-12-08, 23:06
Hi all

A few months ago I had a pain in the bottom left area of my rib cage, for some ridiculous reason I quickly deduced this could be an enlarged spleen from lymphoma. So off I went and googled it up, also at the time reading that pain in your infected lymph glands can be caused when drinking alcohol. Then really thought nothing else of it.

I do drink socially about once or twice a week but about two weeks ago I was drinking Gin and Tonic and lo and behold start feeling a dull pain in my neck for about 20 seconds. This triggered a partial panic attack from me as I immediately thought about that Lymphoma symptom.

Since then ive been a bit of a wreck when it comes to alcohol although oddly there is no pain when drinking beer or wine and I sometimes get the pain when drinking soft drinks.

Today I drank another G & T and had no pain, but I now find myself terrified to drink, dreading how I might react. I start stressing and I just can't seem to break this cycle. I just feel that if I have another drink I could risk bringing on this symptom and put myself back in a hole again.

I am incredibly stressed about this and was just curious if anyone had experienced anything similar? Even anxiety symptoms such as pains etc. brought about by a particular event or action?

Much love to all :winks:

marlou
26-12-08, 23:22
I hopes this helps a bit, as I am quite a drinker, and find alcohol numbs my symptoms(not good advice!! i realise!!) but my doc examined my spleen when I had a simillar worry and he told me at the time I wouldnt have felt if my spleen was enlarged