PDA

View Full Version : Lump in leg and Acid - please reply, stressed out :(

Vickid
27-12-08, 17:34
I have a lump on my right leg. I have had it looked at by four docs who have felt it and said it's a LIPOMA (fatty tissue) but I am stressed because it seems to hurt now, but I have been prodding at it a bit. My right leg seems to have more muscle than my left, big lumps of muscle when I tense (I'm quite athletic on my legs) but how can one leg have more muscle than the other?

Should I go back to the docs? or just except it's fatty tissue?

I'm also worrying about acid reflux, despite the omeprazole I started 3 weeks ago, I started up having acid bad again three nights ago and the more stressed and worried I get, the more my throat hurts. I am scared that I'll to get a endoscope thing, I don't wnt that. I never had acid before, until 2 months when all this stress started.

I had onions the other day and the next thing my throat and stomach was burning, despite the medication though, I thought it stopped me getting acid? and yesterday, I had bacon and it started again. Today it's there, and I have only had bread.

it doesn't feel as bad but I am so scared :(

Please advise. xxxx

lauren6
27-12-08, 18:05
Vickid, my legs are also totally different. One has a lump on the thigh and the drs. said this is common, one arm is also stronger. As far as the acid, I take Prevacid and still can't get away with a grease feast! We still have to watch it even when on one of the proton pump inhibitors like Nexium, Prevacid, Prilosec, etc. I have had very few episodes while on this but if I overdo it, I get pains radiating from my back to my chest all the way to my face. Very painful. Then I tell myself, were the onions or ribs worth it? Also, if you do need an endoscopy, don't worry, read my reply to the recent thread. You are out of it and know nothing. Check the websites on acid reflux, what to avoid eating...also see if you can raise your headboard 6 inches. Mine is raised 4 inches and maybe that has helped. Don't use pillows only, that can fold your body and tummy in a way that makes it worse. Don't eat after about 7 p.m. and don't lie down after eating. Onions are the worst for me! Also, if you have any erosions in the esophagus, it can take 6 weeks for the drug to heal it and it has only been 3 weeks for you. Give it time but you have to follow the food guidelines in the meantime, help it along. No fried foods, no bacon. You will get to know what foods aggravate you over time.